Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clara
    Hello...

You didn't get my email, Jim? Perhaps you would like me to send it again. My ISP would have sent it back to me, if they couldn't locate the address....

My little note, sent on the 28th must be wedged in between a couple of pieces of spam, Jim.... Sending it again is a "can do" request...but I hate to clog up someones mailbox without reason!

Thanx, Clara

lol my mail box clog egad
    if you havent sent it title is BATCH 120 or something like that i delete spam
    dont title it you have won

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi
      Jim,

One thing that came up when I joined the Sicily project yesterday is how will FTDNA handle my mtDNA results which do not originate from Sicilian ancestors. I e-mailed Bennett Greenspan on this and he wrote back that they will have to discuss this at a programming meeting. I guess whenever my results come back (37 marker yDNA and HVR1 & HVR2 mtDNA), the mtDNA results will mistakenly appear in the Sicily project - unless they come up with a solution before then.

Mike
      your dna doesnt follow the boarders of any project
      what matters is getting tested and into a project then uploading to micro search and ysearch
      i can almost guarentee you mo one way your dna will go

think spectrum (worldwide) not one nation or location

thats a better thing to expect

Comment

good suggestion

Will do, Jim....

Meanwhile, the labs tell me that sequencing for my sample begins today.... Great!

How about Gregory and Jeff? How is the lab process going for you?

Thanks, Clara

Comment

Great news! My DNA sample is "DNA at Sequencing" of 10/1/05.
          Now all I have to do is to wait and see what the results will be.
          I will be waiting on pins & needles.
          I think this will prove many things about my family tree and disprove others.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory
            Great news! My DNA sample is "DNA at Sequencing" of 10/1/05.
            Now all I have to do is to wait and see what the results will be.
            I will be waiting on pins & needles.
            I think this will prove many things about my family tree and disprove others.

lol it might and it cause more questions lol

be prepared for all possibilities

Comment

What brought me here...

Hi Gregory and Clara,

I haven't checked in for a while (trying to be patient I suppose). It was nice to see that my sample has reached a new stage in the process! As for the impetus for my inquiry, I'm interested in a certain x (or should I say Y) factor. I was the product of artificial insemination and have no information about my biological father. I suspect that there is, quite literally, no paper trail at all since my surrogate father is listed on my birth certificate. Given the absence of a historical record, this seemed like the best way to look back. So to answer your question Clara, I'm interested in the entire time span. My mother's backgound is also somewhat fuzzy on her paternal side, so 75% percent of my genetic background is unknown. I'm hopeful that this will give me some sense of my anscestors geographic origin and possibly help in connecting with reasonably close genetic cousins to deepen my understanding of my family (genetic) history. Any advice given this set of facts?

Best to all of you,
              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyRopp
                Hi Gregory and Clara,

I haven't checked in for a while (trying to be patient I suppose). It was nice to see that my sample has reached a new stage in the process! As for the impetus for my inquiry, I'm interested in a certain x (or should I say Y) factor. I was the product of artificial insemination and have no information about my biological father. I suspect that there is, quite literally, no paper trail at all since my surrogate father is listed on my birth certificate. Given the absence of a historical record, this seemed like the best way to look back. So to answer your question Clara, I'm interested in the entire time span. My mother's backgound is also somewhat fuzzy on her paternal side, so 75% percent of my genetic background is unknown. I'm hopeful that this will give me some sense of my anscestors geographic origin and possibly help in connecting with reasonably close genetic cousins to deepen my understanding of my family (genetic) history. Any advice given this set of facts?

Best to all of you,
                Jeff
                Jeff it sounds to me a perfect reason to start a locational study in the area of the clinnic.if the person did it once who knows how many times he did it .
                and if his family comes from there you will match someone sometime
                the same goes for your mom did they live in the area. unless its ny ny . i would give it a try i have 7 locational studies and would be happy to help you at least answer some questions on it
                [email protected]

Comment

good news...

Hello, Friends!

How about that...! I think that today is "Fill in the Blank Day" for Batch 120 at FTDNA. I notice that from my page, target results are projected for 29 October.... Perhaps the pages of you, Jeff and Gregory as well will have the same information? Check to be certain!

Mother's lines can be difficult to trace, be the interested researcher male or female. Lots of folks just give up.... I still have quite a few blanks on my Mom's family line [tree]..... But I have found a few things.

My mother always said her ancestry was "Scotch-Irish." Now I shall see if FTDNA agrees with her!

Sincerely,
                  Clara

Comment

Originally posted by Clara
                    Hello, Friends!

How about that...! I think that today is "Fill in the Blank Day" for Batch 120 at FTDNA. I notice that from my page, target results are projected for 29 October.... Perhaps the pages of you, Jeff and Gregory as well will have the same information? Check to be certain!

Mother's lines can be difficult to trace, be the interested researcher male or female. Lots of folks just give up.... I still have quite a few blanks on my Mom's family line [tree]..... But I have found a few things.

My mother always said her ancestry was "Scotch-Irish." Now I shall see if FTDNA agrees with her!

Sincerely,
                    Clara

Yes, my target is 10/29/2005 which is three days before my birthday. Now, we can seat back and watch the results come in (hopefully) by then.

And I'm trying to clear up this matter of me being related to an Italian family with an English last name. Because I seriously doubt that Italians would do that, unless they have something to hide.

Besides, the man in the photo looks like he's English. I assumed someone got their history mixed up. But if I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

I want to be 100% sure if my great grandfather was Italian, before I embrace the culture.

Comment

names

Hello, Gregory...

What you speculate could be true, Gregory....

On the other hand, there are lots of stories at Ellis Island about people who took the names of the those who were just behind them or just ahead of them. Reasons can be a simple as a difficult name to spell...or a clerical error.
                      Not all of us hopped out of a James Bond movie, Gregory!

I know that my gr-grandmother's maiden name was French...when they left France, anyway, but you would never recognize the spelling now....

That friend of mine who had a grandfather with naturalization papers filed around 1920 said his family was Russian...but his name was definitely "Americanized."

You may turn up some interesting family information, Gregory....

Clara

Comment

My target date was 10/28 for my 13-25 upgrade so I was surprised when I got my results yesterday.

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Styner83
                          My target date was 10/28 for my 13-25 upgrade so I was surprised when I got my results yesterday.

Shane

i got a ton of stuff yesterday maybe its just the hard misruns left

Comment

what's this? You guys got your results already?
                            I haven't receive anything. My target date is 10/29/2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory
                              what's this? You guys got your results already?
                              I haven't receive anything. My target date is 10/29/2005.

greg that first target date is for the batch. many of the batch are updates which dont need any prep work so they spurt out other stuff like one of my members needs six steps [separate tests to do the one thing he ordered so an upgrade to 25 would be done much faster.in fact i emailed ftdna on that kits test and they said it wasnt an error for 6 entries on ykp[sp] 120.it represented 6 tests each included in the one big test

i think ftdna feels the pressure to produce results as they come out

Comment

test results

Hi, Greg

No test result as yet in this corner. I'm still waiting, as you are. When I applied for the test my sample was new to the system, so one would suppose FTDNA is doing it [my test] "from the bottom up."

While you are waiting, there is some interesting background material to read at www.isogg.org, which is recommended by FTDNA (check under "resources"). I have a feeling that once results are returned to Batch 120 members, we will have questions that such references could answer.

Enjoy...
                                Clara

Comment

Working...
                                X