Batch 502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply to Emails

Just wondering if FTDNA reply to emails sent to them?
    Trying to find out about my FF test submitted 4Feb13.

Comment

Emails

Originally posted by heyitzame View Post
      Just wondering if FTDNA reply to emails sent to them?
      Trying to find out about my FF test submitted 4Feb13.
      Received an email reply from FTDNA. Thanks FTDNA for the info supplied.

Comment

Batch 502

Wanted to let those in batch 502 know that there may be a glitch.

My daughter is only showing 58 matches, when I have 388.
        She should be related to everyone that I am.

The Romanian & Tuscan on my percentages did not show up on her
        results, so we expected a few less matches. But not this many.

I have sent an email to ftdna, maybe it is just hers, or maybe it is affecting
        all in 502. Will let you know what I hear back.

Comment

Originally posted by thaddeus1650 View Post
          Wanted to let those in batch 502 know that there may be a glitch.

My daughter is only showing 58 matches, when I have 388.
          She should be related to everyone that I am.
          That is not a "glitch" that is the way DNA works. Your daughter is not a clone of you, she has 50% of your DNA and 50% her other parent. Yes, she is still related to everybody in your match list but she will not inherit all the DNA that triggers the individual matches in your list. This is why it is best to test the older generations as they will have matches and DNA that the younger generations will not inherit.

You don't mention what DNA test you are describing but I assume you mean 'Family Finder'.
          Last edited by travers; 24 April 2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Yes, we both took the family finder tests. I also took the mtdna testing.

So how does this work ? She is showing not in common with all the other matches. Does what you are saying still apply?

Comment

Originally posted by thaddeus1650 View Post
              Yes, we both took the family finder tests. I also took the mtdna testing.

So how does this work ? She is showing not in common with all the other matches. Does what you are saying still apply?
              You might get more help if you post in the Family Finder forum, this wouldn't have anything to do with the batch you are in. You said before that she has 58 matches, but now you are saying none of them are in common with you. That seems unlikely that none of her matches would be shared from your match list. If she just got her results from the past couple days (or you just got your results) maybe wait a few days, maybe the match lists are still being generated. If I am misunderstanding your post then you will have to be more specific on what the problem is.

Comment

Hey, Sorry about the misunderstanding.

The not in common matches are the 330 ones that she is missing.
                I was only double checking what you were saying.

I was in Batch 495, she was in 502.

I haven't heard back from ftdna yet.
                I was told on the family forum, this question of a glitch in 502 was better
                on the calender.

My daughter is going to log in and see what you wrote. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Batch 502 Completion

Anyone know how long it takes for a batch to be completed? My 502 Family Finder has been ongoing since 4 Feb.

Comment

Please disregard my posting about the glitch if you haven't already.
                    They are saying there is simply not enough shared dna.
                    So I am guessing those 300 people that do not match my daughter are farther back in the family line.

Comment

Originally posted by heyitzame View Post
                      Anyone know how long it takes for a batch to be completed? My 502 Family Finder has been ongoing since 4 Feb.
                      My Family Finder in Batch 502 completed on 17 May. Answer about 3 1/2 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X