Batch 498

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message on pending lab results:
    "This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date."

3/18/2013

So did the entire batch fail? I was expecting Y67 to y111 upgrade.

Anyone else get this message?

Comment

batch 498 and SNP test

I'm still waiting for test results for an SNP. When I checked this morning, the date for expected results still says 2/25/2013, which was yesterday's date.

Originally posted by pyromatic View Post
      Has anyone gotten any SNPs from this batch yet? I remember the days when the orders were batched the same day with an expected date two weeks from then, but the results would often come back before then... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by djm3808 View Post

Anyone else get this message?
        Yup. Waiting for FF for my mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          Sigh, delayed 3 weeks until 3/18. Probably due to the family finder issues.
          And 2 more weeks. I wish there dates actually applied to our sample rather than to a standard time frame. They say 2 weeks more but they seem to always do so. However with 707 FMS so far this month it seems like they're blazing through the tests. Hope they get to mine soon.

Comment

By the way this should be news rather than a note

We recently purchased and installed new sequencing equipment that will greatly expand our productivity. As of now, we are running about 500 Full Mitochondrial Sequence tests per week, and anticipate being completely caught up no later than the end of April. You can expect your results by this date:

Comment

By the way this should be news rather than a note

We recently purchased and installed new sequencing equipment that will greatly expand our productivity. As of now, we are running about 500 Full Mitochondrial Sequence tests per week, and anticipate being completely caught up no later than the end of April. You can expect your results by this date:
              Just curious where you saw that? I'm still waiting for FMS in batch 494. Very hopeful for this week But there I go again, pushing my luck and jinxing myself!

Comment

Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
                Just curious where you saw that? I'm still waiting for FMS in batch 494. Very hopeful for this week But there I go again, pushing my luck and jinxing myself!
                In my pending results that's the note for the coding region. I wonder how many cms they have per batch?

Comment

In my pending results that's the note for the coding region. I wonder how many cms they have per batch?
                  hmm, well, thanks for sharing, Mine just says this,

The full mtDNA sequence (FGS) is one of the most complex test that we offer. The sequence is divided into portions, and all portions must yield complete results in order for the full sequence to be finished. If we already have your sample, your testing is in progress. Due to the volume of orders we received in our extended promotion, our orders are running, but are taking a little longer to complete. We apologize for the delay, we are working diligently to get you the highest quality results.

Comment

I thought this was an awully long time to wait..

I expected my mtDNA results (test ordered 12/26/12 and returned within a day of receiving it) in mid-February (the date was 2/13 I'm fairly certain). A couple of days after the expected date I was informed my sample did not return results for one of the four tests being run (mtHaplo). I was given a new date of 3/18, and was also informed I wouldn't get any of my mtDNA results until the failed test was rerun. I waited patiently for 3/18 and still no results. Late on 3/18 I had a new message posted on my Pending Lab Results page moving my expected date to 4/8/2013 with the following message: This portion of your test results will be available when the full round of testing has completed. I sent an email to Customer Support (to which I have not yet received a response) expressing my disappointment at yet another delay and asking that , since I've been waiting so long, my results be given a little priority in delivery.
                    Reading some of the posts here I see I'm not alone in waiting, but that really doesn't make me feel a lot better.

Comment

Just came in. My daughter's mtdna is K1c1. Woohoo.

Comment

Just came in. My daughter's mtdna is K1c1. Woohoo.
                        Congrats! Still waiting here sadly...I'm starting to think Batch 494 fell into the Bermuda Triangle....either that or they accidentally all got mixed up and they've been trying to identify who's is who's.

Comment

Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
                          Congrats! Still waiting here sadly...I'm starting to think Batch 494 fell into the Bermuda Triangle....either that or they accidentally all got mixed up and they've been trying to identify who's is who's.
                          Yikes. I hope it comes in soon. Hopefully the new machines are humming away on yours now.

I don't have any faith in their messages. I just assume they're all generic. It would so much more useful if they used like a bar code to let us know stuff like
                          Your sample is in the cold room.
                          Your sample is being prepped
                          Your sample is 204 of 915 samples waiting for sequencing.
                          Your sample requires extra QA.
                          Etc.

Comment

Yikes. I hope it comes in soon. Hopefully the new machines are humming away on yours now.

I don't have any faith in their messages. I just assume they're all generic. It would so much more useful if they used like a bar code to let us know stuff like
                            Your sample is in the cold room.
                            Your sample is being prepped
                            Your sample is 204 of 915 samples waiting for sequencing.
                            Your sample requires extra QA.
                            Etc.
                            That would be nice if they did that

Comment

Absolutely Unacceptable!

Originally posted by epossum View Post
                              I expected my mtDNA results (test ordered 12/26/12 and returned within a day of receiving it) in mid-February (the date was 2/13 I'm fairly certain). A couple of days after the expected date I was informed my sample did not return results for one of the four tests being run (mtHaplo). I was given a new date of 3/18, and was also informed I wouldn't get any of my mtDNA results until the failed test was rerun. I waited patiently for 3/18 and still no results. Late on 3/18 I had a new message posted on my Pending Lab Results page moving my expected date to 4/8/2013 with the following message: This portion of your test results will be available when the full round of testing has completed. I sent an email to Customer Support (to which I have not yet received a response) expressing my disappointment at yet another delay and asking that , since I've been waiting so long, my results be given a little priority in delivery.
                              Reading some of the posts here I see I'm not alone in waiting, but that really doesn't make me feel a lot better.
                              Here it is April 30 2013 and I AM STILL WAITING for my results! I was also recently informed my results for FF in Batch 506 failed and that date was pushed back until well into May. I was supposed to get my Batch 498 results yesterday, 4/29, but nothing so far. After all these failures there can't be much of my samples remaining, so am I going to have to pay for another sample kit? It isn't my fault FTDNA can't get results from the samples I sent in back in DECEMBER. What is going on?

Comment

Working...
                              X