X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mebrowndfw
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
    Yes, but obviously I'm not at liberty to just give it out.

I will tell you that one time I included his email on a customer service complaint and he called me back personally to follow up on my concerns.

He himself at least understands and offers excellent customer service, even if it doesn't always trickle down through the rest of the organization.
    Info isn't hard to find these days.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Originally posted by brookes View Post
    Do you have his #?
    Yes, but obviously I'm not at liberty to just give it out.

I will tell you that one time I included his email on a customer service complaint and he called me back personally to follow up on my concerns.

He himself at least understands and offers excellent customer service, even if it doesn't always trickle down through the rest of the organization.

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
    I believe I'd have contacted Bennett Greenspan directly by this point.
    Do you have his #?

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    I believe I'd have contacted Bennett Greenspan directly by this point.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied
    It blows my mind that people in this batch are still waiting for results. Unbelievable!

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    I cannot believe this, the kit was pushed back AGAIN! New (FIFTH) date: 7/15/13. I am going to call them (again) this week. It is not acceptable to have to wait seven months (nearly 8 since the batch date) for a simple Family Finder test. If there's something wrong with the sample, JUST TELL ME. Don't give me the runaround for months on end.

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied
    I asked for a refund for my one snp test that took more than 5 months to be completed but I got an uncertain "no." I did get a free snp, though. It wouldn't hurt to ask and I'm getting to think that the squeaky wheel get's the grease around here. When I sent my grandfather's kit, it took many weeks to be acknowledged and I didn't pay the extra for tracking so I felt helpless. This time I knew better: I paid extra for tracking and when I knew FTDNA received it but didn't acknowledge it, I sent a complaint and within a couple days, my kit was acknowledged.

Good luck to those still waiting: I was in batch 494 for that 5+ month snp and I got my results on 4/29 (due 1/31). I'm waiting for the free snp now, due June 6th. I'm getting edgy because all the other snps came in well before their expected dates...

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    This is just crazy. They owe some refunds, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    WOW, I just checked and the Family Finder results for this kit (3rd due date 5/20!) got pushed back YET AGAIN!!!! New date: 6/17/2013. To add insult to injury, in the Notes section, they still have the big shpiel about Batch 37 conversion!! (Just delete that already, CLEARLY it no longer applies!! ) Unfortunately right now I simply don't have the bandwidth to call them twice a week until it gets done. I'm lucky if I remember to check on it every 2 weeks or so.
    Last edited by brookes; 21 May 2013, 11:51 PM. Reason: various minor edits

Leave a comment:

• GST
    replied
    Anyone else in batch 496 still waiting for an FMS upgrade test result? Six months seems like a very long time, given that many of the recent FMS upgrades have been completed in less than 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Originally posted by brookes View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder if this kit fell through the cracks in all the Build 37 flurry and they just forgot about it.

I think that is very likely the case. They launched a big Christmas sale at the same time they were struggling with the Build 37 issues, and many of us who bought in during that sale got screwed because FTDNA couldn't handle all of it at once.

I think a large number of kits in the 490-500 batches just sort of fell through the cracks.

I might still be waiting for my FMS results from this batch, just like you are, if I hadn't started calling them for updates twice a week after they pushed the due date back for two months in a row.

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    Welp, after two emails five days apart and no response, I called FTDNA today and spoke to Taylor, who was nice enough and looked up the kit # for me. He said the kit did not pass QC because it had 96% calls when the threshold for acceptance is 98% calls. When that happens FTDNA reruns the test from the sample. I asked if it had been re-run twice, because why else would it be taking 5 months and counting? He said that they would have notified me and gotten a new sample if that were the case, and that he would have to look further into what went wrong with this kit and get back to me. He took my number but I haven't heard anything else yet.

Hmmm. I wonder if this kit fell through the cracks in all the Build 37 flurry and they just forgot about it. If I don't hear back by Weds I'll call again. Maybe I'll ask if FTDNA is planning on doing anything to compensate customers who had to wait twice and three times as long as normal for their results. The sad thing is, the mtDNA sale is very tempting and if I weren't currently embroiled in this nonsense with the one kit, I would be snapping those up. I get that FTDNA is trying to stay competitive and they are claiming to have increased their facilities/resources/machines or whatever to make it more cost-efficient and increasing TAT, but that's all just smoke and mirrors to those of us still waiting for results from the last big sale. If they gave me a free test or two, I might keep using them. I also have two more kits in the pipeline that were mailed back fairly recently (and already paid for, or I wouldn't have bought them). If these come back in a reasonable timeframe (2 months or less), that might also sway me back to FTDNA.

However, in the mean time, I'm testing with 23andme. I'll see how long it takes to turn that around and what it can do for me.
    Last edited by brookes; 4 May 2013, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Congratulations! It must be a relief.

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
    FMS results were finally posted tonight! I was shocked, given that they had told me that they used up all my grandmother's DNA and were going to have to send another kit. I guess they were wrong?
    It sounds to me like they were just grasping for excuses for why it was taking so long.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied
    FMS results were finally posted tonight! I was shocked, given that they had told me that they used up all my grandmother's DNA and were going to have to send another kit. I guess they were wrong? Kind of confusing, but I know the results are accurate because I already knew what my grandma's haplogroup would be (same as mine).

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    6 months!!! Have you called them? I think I was one of the first to order the Family Finder test back in March 2010. Everyone was complaining about the long wait and missed due dates back then! But I had my results in 3 months.
    I called them a while ago but it was about a different kit which was improperly mailed (no vials), not about this one. I've emailed, but not lately. I'll email them now and then follow up later this week by phone if I haven't heard anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X