Batch 496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brookes View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder if this kit fell through the cracks in all the Build 37 flurry and they just forgot about it.

I think that is very likely the case. They launched a big Christmas sale at the same time they were struggling with the Build 37 issues, and many of us who bought in during that sale got screwed because FTDNA couldn't handle all of it at once.

I think a large number of kits in the 490-500 batches just sort of fell through the cracks.

I might still be waiting for my FMS results from this batch, just like you are, if I hadn't started calling them for updates twice a week after they pushed the due date back for two months in a row.

Comment

Anyone else in batch 496 still waiting for an FMS upgrade test result? Six months seems like a very long time, given that many of the recent FMS upgrades have been completed in less than 3 weeks.

Comment

WOW, I just checked and the Family Finder results for this kit (3rd due date 5/20!) got pushed back YET AGAIN!!!! New date: 6/17/2013. To add insult to injury, in the Notes section, they still have the big shpiel about Batch 37 conversion!! (Just delete that already, CLEARLY it no longer applies!! ) Unfortunately right now I simply don't have the bandwidth to call them twice a week until it gets done. I'm lucky if I remember to check on it every 2 weeks or so.
        Last edited by brookes; 22nd May 2013, 12:51 AM. Reason: various minor edits

Comment

This is just crazy. They owe some refunds, methinks.

Comment

I asked for a refund for my one snp test that took more than 5 months to be completed but I got an uncertain "no." I did get a free snp, though. It wouldn't hurt to ask and I'm getting to think that the squeaky wheel get's the grease around here. When I sent my grandfather's kit, it took many weeks to be acknowledged and I didn't pay the extra for tracking so I felt helpless. This time I knew better: I paid extra for tracking and when I knew FTDNA received it but didn't acknowledge it, I sent a complaint and within a couple days, my kit was acknowledged.

Good luck to those still waiting: I was in batch 494 for that 5+ month snp and I got my results on 4/29 (due 1/31). I'm waiting for the free snp now, due June 6th. I'm getting edgy because all the other snps came in well before their expected dates...

Comment

I cannot believe this, the kit was pushed back AGAIN! New (FIFTH) date: 7/15/13. I am going to call them (again) this week. It is not acceptable to have to wait seven months (nearly 8 since the batch date) for a simple Family Finder test. If there's something wrong with the sample, JUST TELL ME. Don't give me the runaround for months on end.

Comment

It blows my mind that people in this batch are still waiting for results. Unbelievable!

Comment

I believe I'd have contacted Bennett Greenspan directly by this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                    I believe I'd have contacted Bennett Greenspan directly by this point.
                    Do you have his #?

Comment

• Originally posted by brookes View Post
                      Do you have his #?
                      Yes, but obviously I'm not at liberty to just give it out.

I will tell you that one time I included his email on a customer service complaint and he called me back personally to follow up on my concerns.

He himself at least understands and offers excellent customer service, even if it doesn't always trickle down through the rest of the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                        Yes, but obviously I'm not at liberty to just give it out.

I will tell you that one time I included his email on a customer service complaint and he called me back personally to follow up on my concerns.

He himself at least understands and offers excellent customer service, even if it doesn't always trickle down through the rest of the organization.
                        Info isn't hard to find these days.

Comment

Working...
                        X