No announcement yet.

Batch 496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on mine. Happy you got yours, though!

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
      Still waiting on mine. Happy you got yours, though!
      Ugh, 503 error! I can't even check to see if I got mine!

Comment

Welp, used a different browser and got in, but still no joy.

Comment

I'm guessing if I called and complained my results might magically appear as well. Unfortunately I'm sick and just don't have the energy. I actually have a bad feeling that April 22nd is going to come and it's going to be pushed back again... maybe to May 22nd... of 2023...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you folks still haven't received yours.

It seems like these batches from December and early January (494-498, especially) have been ill-fated from the start.

I think FTDNA needs to make amends to the customers in these batches who have gotten the runaround for four months over this.

Comment

Batch 499

Don't forget batch 499 which was early Jan. I'm a new customer (Batch 499), and after the FF build issues along with not having the raw files, and having my FMS date change 4 times, I would never recommend this company to anyone. I can never get a straight answer from anyone on the phone or via email. All they do is deflect your question with some non-sense. Someone from Batch 506 received their FMS result today when it was due in May!!!!! How is that fair????

Comment

Results due today, I just checked, and nada. Still says Pending, still says 4/22.

Comment

Originally posted by brookes View Post
                  Results due today, I just checked, and nada. Still says Pending, still says 4/22.
                  Unbelievable...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                    Unbelievable...
                    Wow, I just checked again and it has been pushed back to 5/20!! 6 months to do a simple Family Finder test - that is ridiculous. And now they're having another sale? This is NOT going to end well. I think the customers who experienced more than 4 months wait should get a coupon for a free test!! I mean, seriously, WTF?!?!

ETA: I.e., what Sarmat said two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by brookes View Post
                      Wow, I just checked again and it has been pushed back to 5/20!! 6 months to do a simple Family Finder test - that is ridiculous. And now they're having another sale?
                      Please contact Customer Service to have them look into the status of your specific kit. The backlog from a few months ago has essentially been cleared, but there are some stragglers that don't have results posted yet, for a variety of different reasons -- those need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. So definitely email or call and ask them to check on what's still holding up your kit.

Elise

Comment

6 months!!! Have you called them? I think I was one of the first to order the Family Finder test back in March 2010. Everyone was complaining about the long wait and missed due dates back then! But I had my results in 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                          6 months!!! Have you called them? I think I was one of the first to order the Family Finder test back in March 2010. Everyone was complaining about the long wait and missed due dates back then! But I had my results in 3 months.
                          I called them a while ago but it was about a different kit which was improperly mailed (no vials), not about this one. I've emailed, but not lately. I'll email them now and then follow up later this week by phone if I haven't heard anything.

Comment

FMS results were finally posted tonight! I was shocked, given that they had told me that they used up all my grandmother's DNA and were going to have to send another kit. I guess they were wrong? Kind of confusing, but I know the results are accurate because I already knew what my grandma's haplogroup would be (same as mine).

Comment

Congratulations! It must be a relief.

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
                              FMS results were finally posted tonight! I was shocked, given that they had told me that they used up all my grandmother's DNA and were going to have to send another kit. I guess they were wrong?
                              It sounds to me like they were just grasping for excuses for why it was taking so long.

Comment

Welp, after two emails five days apart and no response, I called FTDNA today and spoke to Taylor, who was nice enough and looked up the kit # for me. He said the kit did not pass QC because it had 96% calls when the threshold for acceptance is 98% calls. When that happens FTDNA reruns the test from the sample. I asked if it had been re-run twice, because why else would it be taking 5 months and counting? He said that they would have notified me and gotten a new sample if that were the case, and that he would have to look further into what went wrong with this kit and get back to me. He took my number but I haven't heard anything else yet.

Hmmm. I wonder if this kit fell through the cracks in all the Build 37 flurry and they just forgot about it. If I don't hear back by Weds I'll call again. Maybe I'll ask if FTDNA is planning on doing anything to compensate customers who had to wait twice and three times as long as normal for their results. The sad thing is, the mtDNA sale is very tempting and if I weren't currently embroiled in this nonsense with the one kit, I would be snapping those up. I get that FTDNA is trying to stay competitive and they are claiming to have increased their facilities/resources/machines or whatever to make it more cost-efficient and increasing TAT, but that's all just smoke and mirrors to those of us still waiting for results from the last big sale. If they gave me a free test or two, I might keep using them. I also have two more kits in the pipeline that were mailed back fairly recently (and already paid for, or I wouldn't have bought them). If these come back in a reasonable timeframe (2 months or less), that might also sway me back to FTDNA.

However, in the mean time, I'm testing with 23andme. I'll see how long it takes to turn that around and what it can do for me.
                                Last edited by brookes; 4 May 2013, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X