Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 496

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by TribalCat View Post
    Matches Map: still has me stuck out in the Atlantic Ocean with my pin labelled Chalet Sunset, and there really is nothing there at that location but water.
    Well, you know what this means: you're descended from a mermaid! Congratulations.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
      Well, you know what this means: you're descended from a mermaid! Congratulations.
      Ha ha ha! love it

      Thanks for that bit of humor to brighten up a dismal week vis-a-vis ol' Batch 496. My BF's kit is in this batch and though his Y-DNA came in last month, he STILL has no FF results at all, not even PF. I received an email last week (in response to my multiple inquiries) that it needed to be rerun from scratch (an issue with the lab? I forget), but the expected results date on the Pending Results page still says 2/18. This is the last communique I received on the subject, on March 11th:

      This sample passed the testing, and is waiting to be uploaded. Realistically, we are expecting Family Finders that were not uploaded in the previous upload to be posted by the end of the day on Wednesday. Thank you again for your patience during this long delay.
      I assume Morgan meant THIS Weds..

      Comment


      • #63
        MtDNA came in at last, very exciting to finally start looking this over!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by khuebner View Post
          MtDNA came in at last, very exciting to finally start looking this over!
          Still waiting here. Did you get the expected date of March 25th, too, or was yours earlier? I'm just hoping that they don't push it back again...

          Comment


          • #65
            This was supposed to be in March 25 as of the last delay, so I was definitely surprised and pleased to get the results before then. Hope yours comes soon!

            Comment


            • #66
              It seems like my FMS is being delayed yet again.

              It's obviously been pushed back a couple of times, and the most recent 'expected date' is today.

              I called about 5 days ago to check the status, and they told me it would be ready in 5 days.

              I called today, and they told me it would be another week to 10 days.

              I think I'm just going to give up and ask for a refund.

              Comment


              • #67
                So the FMS results I'm waiting on, which were pushed back to today (March 25th), have now been pushed back again to APRIL 22ND. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that it's a complicated test, and the company is swamped. I really don't care. I'm seeing people in this batch and later batches getting their FMS results. I know people in Batch 494 are still waiting as well. Now I'm being told I'm going to have to wait another month.

                This test was batched on DECEMBER 28TH. I know sometimes they get pushed back and then results come in the next day, but at this point I don't care. I'm sick of waiting and waiting, then at the last possible second when I've been told results will be available, having to log in and find a message that it's been pushed back another four weeks. Obviously these dates are NOT reliable. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but I am honestly feeling embarrassed that I've recommended DNA testing with this company to family members. There is no way I will ever order another test from FTDNA after all the insanity with Build 37 and now this, unless they can get their act together and vastly improve their customer service in the future.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
                  So the FMS results I'm waiting on, which were pushed back to today (March 25th), have now been pushed back again to APRIL 22ND. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that it's a complicated test, and the company is swamped. I really don't care. I'm seeing people in this batch and later batches getting their FMS results. I know people in Batch 494 are still waiting as well. Now I'm being told I'm going to have to wait another month.

                  This test was batched on DECEMBER 28TH. I know sometimes they get pushed back and then results come in the next day, but at this point I don't care. I'm sick of waiting and waiting, then at the last possible second when I've been told results will be available, having to log in and find a message that it's been pushed back another four weeks. Obviously these dates are NOT reliable. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but I am honestly feeling embarrassed that I've recommended DNA testing with this company to family members. There is no way I will ever order another test from FTDNA after all the insanity with Build 37 and now this, unless they can get their act together and vastly improve their customer service in the future.
                  Hear hear. Mine were pushed back to 4/22 also. I am seriously considering asking for a refund.

                  I have preached patience with other DNA testing companies before, but all of them I have used (and I have used quite a few) have at least been within one or two weeks of their stated deadlines.

                  FTDNA, on the other hand, has arbitrarily changed the date on this test THREE TIMES, and are now saying that it will be FOUR MONTHS from the date I ordered this test to get the results.

                  Meanwhile, the other FMS results from later batches have already come in. A proactive, customer-focused company would have already reached out to someone like me with at least an apology, though I must say that the only thing that will get me to spend any more money with FTDNA in the future is a partial refund or at least a discount on future testing.

                  It's clear that FTDNA is swamped with technical, logistical, and personnel problems right now. I can no longer recommend FTDNA in good conscious to other customers, like I have in the past, until some things change around here.

                  Hopefully this post will make it past moderation. None of my others have.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Yeah, the kit I had in Batch 496 has been delayed again - last week it was pushed to 3/25, then I checked today and now it says 4/22. Kit was received by the lab in late December. It makes me feel like a fool for recommending FTDNA. Prior to this Build 37 debacle I hadn't had many issues with the company, so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Previously I had gotten results a week or two before their scheduled dates.

                    IF they get raw data downloads re-enabled (SOON!) AND this test comes back by or on 4/22, I might continue using them for future tests. Am trying 23andme, though the fact that the test can't be done or mailed from NY State is quite problematic, it's not as bad if I'm just testing myself - I can go to Jersey for an hour to do it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I felt like I waited forever as it was... my sympathies!!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath...

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          So on Tuesday I called them to get a status update. Initially, the lady to whom I spoke just gave me the most recent expected date (04/22/2013) and told me that those dates are updated every Monday so it should be valid.

                          I explained to her that that date has already changed three times and that when I called before they told me it would be five days, then five days later they told me it would be ten days.

                          She said she would have a supervisor check on it. She took my number and promised to call me back in ten minutes.

                          Five hours later I still hadn't heard from her, so I called back. The second lady to whom I spoke told me that she got in touch with the first person, who told her that the supervisor said I would definitely have results "by the end of the week".

                          That's tomorrow, so we'll see...

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            They're in!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                              They're in!
                              congrats!!!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
                                congrats!!!
                                Thank you!

                                I'll stop whining for a little while now.

                                I hope these are accurate and not just something they tossed up there just to shut me up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X