Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 496

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Frustrating, though.

    Comment


    • #47
      FMS results are in!! Can't believe it, the ones from my batch 494 aren't even in yet!

      Comment


      • #48
        I still have no FMS results. They were originally due back February 13th, and now they've been pushed back to March 25th.

        Comment


        • #49
          No FMS here yet AND still can't download the raw data from Family Finder.

          Comment


          • #50
            well, i'm not sure these results are worth it...they made sense earlier, now the haplogroup showing on the front page and all the matches my kit has are completely different from the haplogroup on the results page. Interestingly the results on the results page match the haplogroup on the results page. Now I'm curious how they got these matches b/c they aren't even close, lol.

            Earlier today she had 4 matches, all 3 steps away, now well over 10,000 for her FMS. Earlier, the matches actually matched the haplogroup on the results page, now though they match the haplogroup on the front page. Where the matches came from though? I'm not sure, because they can't be being compared to the data on the results page.

            As I'm still waiting for the results of my comparison kit in batch 494, I'm going to attempt to find the humor in this, but I admit it's rather hard.

            Edit: and if you understood this, my hat's off to you.
            Last edited by katerennie4; 12 March 2013, 08:00 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              On the front page of my FTDNA account (the one for my own kit, not the one I'm waiting on results for), the mtDNA haplogroup badge randomly changed to say "H1r" even though my real haplogroup is H4a1* and I don't have any of the defining SNPs for H1r.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by AJRL View Post
                On the front page of my FTDNA account (the one for my own kit, not the one I'm waiting on results for), the mtDNA haplogroup badge randomly changed to say "H1r" even though my real haplogroup is H4a1* and I don't have any of the defining SNPs for H1r.
                Okay, lol, that's what her's changed to as well! And now all her matches have haplogroups with H1r.

                Edit, just checked mine, yup, mine is now H1r as well, when I'm actually H6a2. And I suddenly have 11,464 matches for FMS....yeah.....definitely not.
                Last edited by katerennie4; 12 March 2013, 08:08 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Did we all change to H1r?

                  Maybe they re-ran our batch, and it's a batch-wide error. My front page now shows my maternal as H1r, and I was I1c. Also, my mtDNA match page shows everyone there now as H1r. But when I look at the advanced mtDNA match page, those same people are what they each were originally designated (none are H1r). Also, I picked 5 new mtDNA matches, but all are 4 steps, and I previously only showed up to 3 steps.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by JackSprat View Post
                    Maybe they re-ran our batch, and it's a batch-wide error. My front page now shows my maternal as H1r, and I was I1c. Also, my mtDNA match page shows everyone there now as H1r. But when I look at the advanced mtDNA match page, those same people are what they each were originally designated (none are H1r). Also, I picked 5 new mtDNA matches, but all are 4 steps, and I previously only showed up to 3 steps.
                    It has to be a system-wide error b/c mine's been in the system since September as H6a2. I'm hoping it's just a quick fix programming error.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I'm so confused. Just got my mtDNA Full Sequence results, and in different areas of the report, it gives me two different haplogroups, B4a1a1a1 is the one I knew from 23andMe, but now the badge here says H1r.

                      It tells me that my Haplogroup is common in Europe, but my mother's family is Hawaiian, Chinese and Filipino. It's my father's side that is from Europe, and that wouldn't show as my mtDNA haplogroup anyway.

                      Matches Map - the only location on this map points to an island called "Chalet Sunset" in the ocean south of Ghana and west of Gabon? I don't believe that's an actual place. Nothing comes up in Google. What does that mean?

                      Ancestral Origins has no matches.
                      Haplogroup Origins has no matches.

                      It doesn't seem like I received any useable information from this test over what I had before with the NatGeo, Geno 2.0, AncestryDNA, and 23andMe results.
                      Last edited by TribalCat; 12 March 2013, 09:41 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by TribalCat View Post
                        I'm so confused. Just got my mtDNA Full Sequence results, and in different areas of the report, it gives me two different haplogroups, B4a1a1a1 is the one I knew from 23andMe, but now the badge here says H1r.

                        It tells me that my Haplogroup is common in Europe, but my mother's family is Hawaiian, Chinese and Filipino. It's my father's side that is from Europe, and that wouldn't show as my mtDNA haplogroup anyway.

                        Matches Map - the only location on this map points to an island called "Chalet Sunset" in the ocean south of Ghana and west of Gabon? I don't believe that's an actual place. Nothing comes up in Google. What does that mean?

                        Ancestral Origins has no matches.
                        Haplogroup Origins has no matches.

                        It doesn't seem like I received any useable information from this test over what I had before with the NatGeo, Geno 2.0, AncestryDNA, and 23andMe results.
                        There seems to be some error going on. Everyone's says H1r on the front page. If you go to your "results" page, it should say something else. And hopefully, with any luck, it's B4a1a1a1

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by TribalCat View Post
                          It doesn't seem like I received any useable information from this test over what I had before with the NatGeo, Geno 2.0, AncestryDNA, and 23andMe results.
                          Hoping to put your testing in a more positive light:

                          I don't believe it's EVER a waste to get FMS testing. You have permanently paved the way to determine your mtDNA subclade(s) as subgrouping development continues into the future for your haplogroup. Also, by making your FMS results available for research (i.e. submitting to GenBank) you might be able to assist with new subclade development.

                          Your mtDNA is an heirloom passed down to you from each of your direct maternal ancestors. For that reason, I cherish mine and everything I can learn about my mtDNA haplogroup.

                          ----
                          Editing to add: I'm seeing the H1r issue too. No doubt it's just a temporary glitch.
                          Last edited by Everwaiting; 12 March 2013, 10:00 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            You guys are all getting FMS results for this batch? I've still got nothing, not even inaccurate results. What on earth is going on here?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
                              You guys are all getting FMS results for this batch? I've still got nothing, not even inaccurate results. What on earth is going on here?
                              I'm not sure...although I did get results for an FMS from this batch, I'm still waiting on one from 494, and as far as I know, everyone in that batch is waiting. Nothing about this makes sense to me.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Okay, they've changed my badge to read correctly (B4a1a1a1), but I still have empty results in the other categories:

                                mtDNA Matches: no matches
                                Ancestral Origins: no matches
                                Haplogroup Origins: no matches
                                Matches Map: still has me stuck out in the Atlantic Ocean with my pin labelled Chalet Sunset, and there really is nothing there at that location but water.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X