No announcement yet.

Batch 496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that sounds like what I'm seeing. (But it would sure be nice if something came in early for those of us who have not yet seen any form of result and have nothing at all to compare or to upload to Gedmatch, etc.)

Comment

I've noticed some changes in the Population Finder page Today.Now the Chart Type appears in a box above the world map.I hope they're uploading data now.

Comment

Mine has showed the chart type pretty much since I ordered the test. But if other people's are changing now, hopefully that means something is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
          Mine has showed the chart type pretty much since I ordered the test. But if other people's are changing now, hopefully that means something is happening.
          The chart type was right above the world map now it comes in a box as big as the world map.I quickly noticed the changes because the world map was visible on my tiny 10 " netbook screen,now I have to scroll down to see it.
          -----Update-----
          The "Population Finder results haven't come in yet" message suddenly disappeared.
          Last edited by Couscous Nomad; 8 February 2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Yep, I've had the box there forever. No idea why. Maybe it's something to do with my browser because I have another FF kit? I honestly don't know, but someone in another batch said theirs just changed too, so hopefully good things are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
              Yep, I've had the box there forever. No idea why. Maybe it's something to do with my browser because I have another FF kit? I honestly don't know, but someone in another batch said theirs just changed too, so hopefully good things are coming.
              Hopefully,otherwise I am going to obsess over my FF results until they come in.
              Last edited by Couscous Nomad; 8 February 2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I hadn't looked at the Population Finder page before (or only after first ordering), but there is no chart yet, just a map with nothing individualized. Sure wish my family would finally have something to look at... of course we want accurate results, but it is tedious when there's absolutely nothing to see yet.

Comment

fml, results pushed back to 3/4

Comment

My FMS is showing a new date of 3/4 but as of now FF is still set for 2/18. Also, the date for the haplogroup prediction is still 2/13. Interesting.

Comment

My Population finder results are in.
                      I hope this isn't a bug.
                      Middle East (North African) Mozabite 61.64% ±2.87%
                      Middle East Palestinian, Bedouin 38.36% ±2.87%
                      It does make sense since Mozabites live like 190 kilometers from my hometown.

Comment

My wife's in the same batch and her PF results are in as well.

Originally posted by Couscous Nomad View Post
                        My Population finder results are in.
                        I hope this isn't a bug.
                        Middle East (North African) Mozabite 61.64% ±2.87%
                        Middle East Palestinian, Bedouin 38.36% ±2.87%
                        It does make sense since Mozabites live like 190 kilometers from my hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMark View Post
                          My wife's in the same batch and her PF results are in as well.
                          It seems like FTDNA met its original deadline for this batch,after all.

Comment

My grandma's PF results are now in:

Europe - Western Europe (Orcadian): 93.60%
                            Middle East (Palestinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Bedouin South, Druze, Iranian, Jewish, Mozabite): 6.40%

I understand people of British descent typically get similar Middle East percentages, right?

Comment

Thanks everyone for mentioning that Population Finder results are in--so are my mother's. She shows up as 95.71 Orcadian and 4.29 Middle East, error range on both of 1.14.

I'm curious about this as while about half of her ought to be something like Orcadian (her father was half Scottish and half we-don't-know but probably colonial American thus similar), her mother was totally Norwegian back to the middle ages as far as I can tell.

Any thoughts on that?

Comment

Orcadian has a large Norse component. It's kind of intermediate between Scots and Norse.

http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/vik...y/genetics.htm

The small Middle Eastern percentage is not unusual for people of Isles ancestry.

Originally posted by khuebner View Post
                                Thanks everyone for mentioning that Population Finder results are in--so are my mother's. She shows up as 95.71 Orcadian and 4.29 Middle East, error range on both of 1.14.

I'm curious about this as while about half of her ought to be something like Orcadian (her father was half Scottish and half we-don't-know but probably colonial American thus similar), her mother was totally Norwegian back to the middle ages as far as I can tell.

Any thoughts on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X