Batch 496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 496

Family Finder and mtdna full sequence for my grandma, results for both tests expected Feb. 13.

Are geno2 tests batched in the same way?

Comment

Hmm, I don't think so. Not that I know of, anyway. I never got a batch number or an estimated date of completion for my Geno 2.0 kit. They just tell you it takes about 6-8 weeks to complete.

Comment

Full mtdna sequence due on 2/13. Hoping it will solve some questions :-)

Comment

My FF test is due on February 13th

Comment

FF for my half-brother and FF+Y-12 for my boyfriend, both in batch 496. Expected results for the FF on 2/13, with the Y-DNA-12 results expected 2/1. Yay! I'm so excited. Now to work on merging various family trees to update their GEDCOMs on the FTDNA site. Surely I can do it in a month and a half!

Comment

My maternal grandpa's tests are in this batch:

Y-DNA1-12: 02/1/2013
              Y-DNA13-25: 02/15/2013
              Y-DNA26-37: 02/15/2013
              HVR1: 02/13/2013
              HVR2: 02/13/2013
              Coding Region: 02/13/2013
              mtHaplo: 02/13/2013

Comment

Nothing early?

I take it no one in this batch is getting earlier-than-expected results, the way some batches are? As my family has its first test in the batch, we are eager to see what it's like.

Comment

29 days and counting...
                  FF results still hasn't come in.WOW
                  I understand that FTDNA staff are busy updating/converting their database to build37,what I don't understand is the fact that they haven't uploaded rawdata to my account yet. I have zero interest in PF and other genealogical services,all I am looking for is my raw data zip file.

Comment

I just got this "We've updated your "expected results date" to reflect the current timeframe in which we anticipate them being available. We apologize for the delay, but while the lab portion of your testing is complete, the Family Finder program is transitioning from Human Genomic Build 36 to Build 37. The academic community recast the mutation rates to allow more precise matching blocks which in turn will provide the highest quality matches.That means the entire database of existing tests has to be re-run and reviewed in the new build. That process is currently underway. New batches cannot be run through the program until this conversion is complete. We appreciate your patience during this critical phase. Once it is complete, we will run your data through the upgraded program and notify you when the results are available. We sincerely appreciate your continued patience".
                    Expected :3/4/2013

Comment

I've received the same message, but my new expected results date is Feb. 18th. I wonder why it's so much earlier than yours? Nonetheless, I'm very glad to know that the lab portion is complete, and I can be patient. I'd rather have accurate results than quick results!

Comment

Originally posted by Couscous Nomad View Post
                        I just got this "We sincerely appreciate your continued patience".
                        Expected :3/4/2013
                        Don't they mean, "We cynically expect your eternal patience?"

Comment

Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
                          Don't they mean, "We cynically expect your eternal patience?"
                          At least we have a reasonable deadline now.
                          Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
                          I've received the same message, but my new expected results date is Feb. 18th. I wonder why it's so much earlier than yours? Nonetheless, I'm very glad to know that the lab portion is complete, and I can be patient. I'd rather have accurate results than quick results!
                          They just edited the expected date results to 2/18/2013.I heard it is the same deadline for the two previous batches(494,495)
                          Last edited by Couscous Nomad; 4th February 2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Expected date 2/18 here too. It wasn't entirely clear whether that was just Family Finder or if that would also be the MtDNA date (we are doing both on my mother)--anyone know?

Comment

I think it's just Family Finder. The expected date for my mtDNA results hasn't changed. They still haven't come in, though. February 13th is the deadline.

Comment

Working...
                              X