No announcement yet.

Batch 494

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, officially 2 weeks now and still pending. I wrote to the FTDNA help desk today asking for a refund but I doubt I'll get it. I wish they'd at least acknowledge this but I'm guessing they'll just pass it off as some routine error in processing and give me the "we appreciate your patience, have a nice day" line again. One snp should not take this long and FTDNA's silence on the subject is deafening right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlest bit View Post
      Well, officially 2 weeks now and still pending. I wrote to the FTDNA help desk today asking for a refund but I doubt I'll get it. I wish they'd at least acknowledge this but I'm guessing they'll just pass it off as some routine error in processing and give me the "we appreciate your patience, have a nice day" line again. One snp should not take this long and FTDNA's silence on the subject is deafening right now.
      They better give you a refund! SNP tests are simple and should only take a couple weeks... NOT 5 MONTHS!
      My new due date is 4/29, hopefully you will get your SNP by then

Comment

FTDNA Phone

This is the phone no. for FTDNA For Sales: (713) 868-1438 The sales no. is for all inquires . I have used it for many questions.

I hope it helps

Cheryl

Comment

I received an answer today, and no, I can't get a refund. They did apologize this time for "the long delay." Instead of a refund, I was offered a free snp test and was asked which snp I wanted to order. Can anyone take a look at my grandpa's markers and offer an educated guess?

Does this advice still apply?
          "Big Six" SNPs that every DF13+ man should test: DF49,
          L513, Z255, Z253, DF21 and DF41
          I have to say, offering another snp seems almost diabolical at this point.

Comment

Ok, update:

Since I was given a free snp and also since my grandpa get's all zero probabilities for any snp using this nifty L21 snp predictor tool http://www.rcasey.net/DNA/R_L21/SNP_Predictor/index.php , I decided on L21. I know he's positive for it, but at least he'll stop showing up as R-M269 to his matches this way. That test is in batch 513, expected 6/9/13. I'm betting that comes in before DF41, still showing expected 1/29/13.

Since FTDNA refused to refund the money for DF41, I'm still holding them to it. On April 2nd, the help desk said that it would be 1-3 weeks barring any setbacks. Well, it's april 26th today, 3 weeks and 3 days, and DF41 is still pending. I sen't another message to the same guy at help desk basically saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with the test and they need to start over. I just can't believe this one measly snp is taking this long and that no one at FTDNA can give any reasonable answers for it. Has anyone ever had a snp test problem like this before? Thanks.

Comment

This just in!!!

The test has completed and we are waiting for our Data Assurance team to score the results. They will be uploaded in the very near future.
              Well, if the DF41 is positive then the L-21 snp was a waste. I'm not sure that there would be anything downstream of DF41 to test anyway.

If it's negative, at least my grandpa will get more than R-M269 until he get's some matches that could help point the way.

Comment

DF41 was posted last night and is negative. DF41 seemed the best shot for a snp downstream of L-21 and DF13 so I probably won't take any more snp tests unless, or until, my grandpa get's a match beyond L-21.

DF41 officially took 140 days, almost 5 months, from order date to being posted. Not sure if that is a record and hopefully I'm the last of batch 494 and everyone else has received their results. Good luck all, happy hunting.

Comment

Working...
                X