No announcement yet.

Batch 114 delay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no. I'm in 114 too. The kind of issues that will make them start all over again?

Comment

Anyone from FTDNA care to comment about this? Is there something we should know about?
      Thanks...

Comment

Just amazing how many times I have been told in the last 8 months that my or my relatives' samples were delayed due to one extremely unusual freak anomaly or another. It is terribly frustrating. Unfortunately, I have come to realize that in blaming FTDNA we are probably shooting the messenger. These tests are done at the Univ of Arizona, right? FTDNA is a company that does business transactions. They need to go by what the lab tells them. Who knows what the real story is there? Just wish they would try to be more realistic in their time estimates and better about updating them.

Comment

I'm in Batch 115 with an expected date of 8/20.

Comment

Originally posted by dentate
            Just amazing how many times I have been told in the last 8 months that my or my relatives' samples were delayed due to one extremely unusual freak anomaly or another. It is terribly frustrating. Unfortunately, I have come to realize that in blaming FTDNA we are probably shooting the messenger. These tests are done at the Univ of Arizona, right? FTDNA is a company that does business transactions. They need to go by what the lab tells them. Who knows what the real story is there? Just wish they would try to be more realistic in their time estimates and better about updating them.

look max started this with a schedule of every two weeks the batch goes out reguardless of how many are in it.it could be 10 or 2000
            the average was 900

now the geo project is bringing tons better yet thousands into testing for you to find matches in.
            now the processing is at a university and they use students .which keeps the price down. unfortunatly they go home in the summer and in dec-jan. which is when the backs ups happen
            the kids return next week and then every week the results will pour in
            so dont get too upset unless you wanna pay 1000 for each test

stuff happens
            i run 7 projects because of the influx of the geo project my project have doubled and are growing much faster. which is [if i am right ] what we all want matches

Comment

I got my results from Batch 114 today.

Comment

Batch 114 results in

My HVR2 refine results came in yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by GHAnderson
                  My HVR2 refine results came in yesterday.

great maybe we will match

Comment

Match Unlikely, I'm Afraid

I wish we did match There are no matches for my sequence in any mtDNA database in which I've looked.

My HVR2 results have just further confused me - I'm in Haplogroup X, and the HVR2 has indications of both Native American and European sequences. Maybe one day I can save up for the megaDNA test. I'll just have to wait for the databases to get larger in hopes of finding matches.

Comment

Originally posted by GHAnderson
                      I wish we did match There are no matches for my sequence in any mtDNA database in which I've looked.

My HVR2 results have just further confused me - I'm in Haplogroup X, and the HVR2 has indications of both Native American and European sequences. Maybe one day I can save up for the megaDNA test. I'll just have to wait for the databases to get larger in hopes of finding matches.

one member of my farrell study had almost no matchs but a few 12 matches
                      with in one batch he had 5 25 marker matchs 1-2-3 distances and tons of 12
                      who knows when your match tests. maybe a town will test where max talks and bingo you are hit over and over again

Comment

Bad buisness practice

Hello Jim:
                        I can see your point Jim, unfortunately this is not the way to run a business. If you wish to see your business grow (and we all would like to see you accomplish that) it is imperative your customers stay happy. In the long run your clients are the ones marketing your
                        HTML Code:
                        services
                        and products to insure a secure future and ahead of the competition. Prices fall as volume rises so this large increase in volume should produce an amazing increase in productivity and profits. From which investment back into this venture would yield greater efficiency. Thus all parties are happy. More test, more workers, faster results, deeper data base and more profits. Simple econ 101.
                        My SNP test was scheduled for returned in batch 113 on July 21 or within a few days of that date. So far no results and no unsolicited communication.
                        We are all forgiving customers and understanding of delays. Just don't preach about your failures of performance which you established as if I should be grateful that your company exist. Bad Business.
                        Take Care
                        Doug

Comment

My sentiments, exactly. It seems there are nothing but excuses for the delays, while FTDNA is making profits galore with all these new tests. FTDNA really needs to coordinate their business in a more professional manner. If there is a foreseen problem (like students on summer vacation and new software being implemented), FTDNA should correct the issue in advanced, and not wait until people complain. If you paid for someone to do a service for you in advanced (such as the gardening, for instance) and they do not show up at your house at the designated time, I am sure you would be upset (especially if the Gardener didn't even call you to explain why). The same concept here. I don't understand the attitude by some in here as if FTDNA is doing this as a favor for free.

Comment

I'm getting a little peeved myself. Still waiting on HVR2 from batch 110. Pending results still say due on 07/26/05.

Comment

I don't think the delays are the problem. It's the lack of communication to the customer when there is a delay that is frustrating. I think if FTDNA contacts the Customer, either by email or his/her webpage AS SOON AS THERE IS A PROBLEM, it will avoid the frustration. There will be delays, that's expected from a few samples, however if the lines of communication were better, it would make people more happy. I think that ALL samples in a batch should be reported to the customer whether there was a problem with it or not. I imagine if there is time to update the webpage or email a customer when there is a successful result, there should be time to update the webpage or email the customer if there was an unsuccessful result.

Comment

Amen!!!! We all understand delays and most of us can roll with the punches. The good folks at FTDNA need to figure out a way to pass the word as suggested in the message above and let us know when delays occur and keep the best estimated date on our personal pages. This is only fair as many of us are trying to coordinate other research or activities and the DNA results may be a prerequisite to other work.

Thanks...Rick and John

Comment

Working...
                                X