Batch Geno 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JuanCarlos;,
    Look at this way Woman are only getting MTDNA . Men are also getting Y-DNA and paying the same price . Since it is both Y-DNA and MTDNA I would expect the Men's results to take longer.

Cheryl

Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
    It seems to me this test takes longer for men than for women. Some people (women) got their results within 24 days, after the lab received their kit. For others, it takes a long time. Although, to be fair, their website did say it would take from 6 to 8 weeks before results became available.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAM View Post
      JuanCarlos;,
      Look at this way Woman are only getting MTDNA . Men are also getting Y-DNA and paying the same price . Since it is both Y-DNA and MTDNA I would expect the Men's results to take longer.

Cheryl
      Yes, that's what I think. It's because of the Y-DNA and the deep-clade thing, determining subclades, updating them etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterCat View Post
        Sorry, I have all the alien DNA.
        We are probably related on my mother's side.

Comment

• Geno 2.0

I keep thinking they are taking this long because my husband will be first in a new Haplogroup! He went into 40% the day after me and got stuck there and I have my results already. Must be a Male thing!!

Comment

• I've been stuck at 40% for nearly two weeks. I'm way too impatient for this, haha.

Comment

• My results have been known for months since they used my DNA to vet the Genochip.

They haven't even assigned me a GPID.

I'm just sitting here wondering what in the world is going on in Genoville?

Comment

• Originally posted by JTR View Post
                Hmmmm! I never heard them say - 'go to the "country" level.'

Anyway, for the admixture I never expected much more than a broad designation of certain regions. Plus, I am thrilled to get my mtDNA and YDNA which I have yet to find out and the RAW data to research myself. It will be well worth it to me - pigeon or not.
                really ?
                http://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog...-2-0-launches/

Dr. Spencer Wells, population geneticist, author of The Journey of Man and other books1 and director of the Genographic Project, announced the launch of the new project and, in a pre-launch presentation to bloggers, provided details on how it came to be and what it will offer.

"
                The SNPs selected from the atDNA and X chromosomal DNA were chosen to emphasize and focus on what are called Ancestry Informative Markers, or AIMs. Those are markers that show more of the differences among populations and so are extremely useful in distinguishing them.7

Wells explained: “Most populations can be distinguished even when closely related, such as Syrian and Druze. The more fine-tuned the AIMs are, the more accurate we can be in identifying populations. We won’t be saying European. Eventually we might be saying Finnish or Austrian or German.” And the atDNA segments are also aimed at sampling more of the pre-human genetic components than ever before, including Neanderthal and Denisovan."

Comment

• Originally posted by boutrosdu93 View Post
                  really ?
                  http://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog...-2-0-launches/

Dr. Spencer Wells, population geneticist, author of The Journey of Man and other books1 and director of the Genographic Project, announced the launch of the new project and, in a pre-launch presentation to bloggers, provided details on how it came to be and what it will offer.

"
                  The SNPs selected from the atDNA and X chromosomal DNA were chosen to emphasize and focus on what are called Ancestry Informative Markers, or AIMs. Those are markers that show more of the differences among populations and so are extremely useful in distinguishing them.7

Wells explained: “Most populations can be distinguished even when closely related, such as Syrian and Druze. The more fine-tuned the AIMs are, the more accurate we can be in identifying populations. We won’t be saying European. Eventually we might be saying Finnish or Austrian or German.” And the atDNA segments are also aimed at sampling more of the pre-human genetic components than ever before, including Neanderthal and Denisovan."
                  I still don't see where he claimed that? I do read, as highlighted above, 'Eventually'!

In the same link 'Test results will be displayed in an entirely new way with segments including Your Story (information on haplogroups and the journey ancestors took out of Africa), Who Am I? (details of ancestral makeup including regional genetic affiliations,...'

Comment

• ok so he was telling us this would be for the future and not for now, my appology

Comment

• Finally after being stuck at 60% for a few weeks I moved to 80% today.
                      Hopefully we will start to get some male results soon, I'm excited to see all the new subclades

Comment

• Originally posted by Neves View Post
                        Finally after being stuck at 60% for a few weeks I moved to 80% today.
                        Hopefully we will start to get some male results soon, I'm excited to see all the new subclades
                        That's good news. I'll probably be at 60% for at least two weeks, since I was notified two days ago I was at this stage now.

Comment

• Finally moved from 40% to 60% today! Party time!! The website is kind of confusing. It says my DNA is being analyzed, but then it also says that Quality Control is underway. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, anyway...

Comment

• Someone at 23 posted that he heard 12/3 is the day when males will start getting their results back. Anyone here know if that's correct?

Comment

• I'm now up to 40% complete. It says Stage 3 (DNA Analysis): Underway. They received my kit 9 days ago.

Comment

• ah you mean non man has received it so far?
                                btw I'm at 40% eheh pour bientooooot lol
                                Last edited by boutrosdu93; 29 November 2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X