X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajmr1a1
    replied
    Originally posted by mkbunch View Post
    I thought it would be worthwhile to keep this thread going by posting my Stage updates, for the benfit of other impatient participants like me. From previous posts, it looks as though Stage 1 (isolation) has been taking roughly 2 weeks or so. My kit was received back on 1/15/2013, so I'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow...
    Is the "isolation stage" when your sample is sitting by itself in the FTDNA mail room waiting to be opened?

Leave a comment:

• mkbunch
    replied
    Kit Received 1/15/2013, at Stage 1

I thought it would be worthwhile to keep this thread going by posting my Stage updates, for the benfit of other impatient participants like me. From previous posts, it looks as though Stage 1 (isolation) has been taking roughly 2 weeks or so. My kit was received back on 1/15/2013, so I'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

replied
    I had my results in nine weeks.I still dont know what to do with the 153,000 SNPs.

Leave a comment:

• aidan
    replied
    Originally posted by boutrosdu93 View Post
    still nothing and soon the 2 month deadline... (on the 19th of January)
    and 2 weeks on quality control, hope I won't have the german / greek thing...
    Same here. I'm also approaching 2 months. I also have been on QC for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll get our results soon.

Leave a comment:

• boutrosdu93
    replied
    still nothing and soon the 2 month deadline... (on the 19th of January)
    and 2 weeks on quality control, hope I won't have the german / greek thing...

Leave a comment:

• Lenora
    replied
    I received my results the same day as Alison T. My father's are still at 40%.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied
    Here are my results:

Maternal haplogroup: H6a1b4

40% Mediterranean, 40% Northern European, 20% Southwest Asian (wow I broke down really nicely, haha), which apparently means my closest reference populations are: United Kingdom and Bulgarian. I didn't really expect my Med and SW Asian to be so high, for some reason I thought I'd be a lot more Northern European. So that's kind of cool.

Neanderthal: 3.1%
    Denisovan: 3.7%

I think that's all for now.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied
    Good to know. Maybe that means I'll get my results today. Or this week. If it's delayed much longer I'm going to assume my maternal haplogroup is neanderthal and they don't know how to break it to me.

Edit: Knew this would happen - I haven't gotten the e-mail, but I just checked the site and it looks like my results are finally in. Off to see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    My kit reached 80% on Nov. 29, 2012. I got my results on Dec. 12, which was 13 days (9 business days) at the Quality Control stage. The kit had reached the lab on Oct. 25, so getting done by Dec. 12 was at the 7 week mark.

I hope all those waiting get their results soon! I agree that the holidays may have played a part in any delay in processing time.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied
    For those of you who have your results, how long did the quality control stage take? I've been at 80% since January 3rd. I'm pretty patient, but the 6-8 week deadline has come and gone. I'm wondering if I should expect to be waiting another couple of days, or another month...

Leave a comment:

• boutrosdu93
    replied
    mm i think you should ask for some money to be given back to you because this will be a long time

Leave a comment:

• Celtarion
    replied
    My (replacement) kit has reached 20% this morning after waiting since September that was my 1st order...!!

Now, I still have to wait for almost 2 months to get my results...!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by aidan View Post
    I believe you can download your data in the 'expert options' on the settings page.
    Thanks Aidan. They are my sons results and he must have made history yesterday as he has to be the first Irish boy to take the Geno2.0 test. I already had the FGS so my wife wanted to find out which group she belonged to.He asked me last year could he get dna tested as he wanted to find out how many mutations he had.He has a lot of SNPs.

Leave a comment:

• aidan
    replied
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I got my results but cant find a link to download the SNPs.
    I believe you can download your data in the 'expert options' on the settings page.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by aidan View Post
    I'm now at 80%.
    I got my results but cant find a link to download the SNPs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X