Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA and Genealogy for Beginners

DNA and Genealogy for Beginners Everything you wanted to know about DNA and Genealogy but didn't know where to ask. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15th January 2009, 06:43 PM
spruithean spruithean is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
Question DYS464 and infertility/mt-H and protection from sepsis??

Wikipedia states that a lack of DYS464 is correlated with infertility. Is this true? It also says that mt-Haplogroup H is correlated with protection from sepsis. Is this true too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA_test

(Its near the bottom called "Medical Information")
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15th January 2009, 10:23 PM
PDHOTLEN PDHOTLEN is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA; since attending WWU.
Posts: 1,934
? 464

I have 4 diiferent DYS 464 = a,b,c,d. So what does "lack of DYS 464" mean?

I too recall seeing something somewhere about mt H being resistant to sepsis.

U5b2 & R1a1a
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15th January 2009, 10:40 PM
spruithean spruithean is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
I have 4 diiferent DYS 464 = a,b,c,d. So what does "lack of DYS 464" mean?

I too recall seeing something somewhere about mt H being resistant to sepsis.

U5b2 & R1a1a
I have DYS464 = a,b,c,d too. I think "lack of DYS464" means a lack of all of them. As they are a subgroup of one marker???

Here's another website

http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com...e-infertility/

I wonder what my mtDNA would be.... guess I would need to test it. I wonder if its H.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17th January 2009, 09:45 AM
spruithean spruithean is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
I have DYS464 = a,b,c,d too. I think "lack of DYS464" means a lack of all of them. As they are a subgroup of one marker???

Here's another website

http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com...e-infertility/

I wonder what my mtDNA would be.... guess I would need to test it. I wonder if its H.
DYS 464 is a multi-copy marker.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22nd January 2009, 03:11 AM
marie44 marie44 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
what he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
DYS 464 is a multi-copy marker.
Blaine is a good genetistice or however you spell it.
marie44
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:25 AM
spruithean spruithean is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie44 View Post
Blaine is a good genetistice or however you spell it.
marie44
A geneticist? I'll search up some more info on DYS464 and its connection to infertility.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Family Tree DNA - World Headquarters

1445 North Loop West, Suite 820
Houston, Texas 77008, USA

Phone: (713) 868-1438 | Fax: (832) 201-7147
Copyright 2001-2010 Genealogy by Genetics, Ltd.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.