Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Announcements and New Features

Announcements and New Features Announcements of changes at Family Tree DNA and to the FTDNA website. This is also for general communications by FTDNA staff.

Old 6th September 2017, 09:56 PM
yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadienne View Post
I'm looking it complete order history, i see the pending part. But i don't see any history or something. FTDNA should be a send a new kit for me. Because my kit absolutely lost in Houston Postal Service. I have a huge patience for this situation but i'm waiting 1 month for the delivered. So bad..
One of my favorite sayings about genealogy, including genetic genealogy - it teaches you that patience is a virtue. We've tried to make it clear that there are extraordinary circumstances, on top of the other normal delays, as shown in the Youtube video that was linked to, that make it seem like it takes a long time for FTDNA to receive test kits. Try a little patience and you'll probably be rewarded and very much relieved.
Old 7th September 2017, 12:04 AM
FTDNA Customer

I once had to wait 21 days for a my kit to arrive to FTDNA and it was sent from within Texas. It does not take mail that long to get there within the same state. The reason for such a long a delay back at that point was due to the Houston mail sorting facility. Some times mail gets stuck there a little longer than expected. The same thing could have happened to you and then the hurricane increased the wait. If your kit got lost, then the tracking number would not claim that it got delivered. It would just stop being updated.

If you can see the order history then yes you are seeing all the history there is to show. Just be patient. We know what we are telling you as we have been in similar situations with waiting longer than expected. Check back on Monday.

Last edited by The_Contemplator; 7th September 2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 7th September 2017, 08:13 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
I'm looking it complete order history, i see the pending part. But i don't see any history or something. FTDNA should be a send a new kit for me. Because my kit absolutely lost in Houston Postal Service. I have a huge patience for this situation but i'm waiting 1 month for the delivered. So bad..
If FTDNA does not receive the kit you sent them they will send you a replacement kit. BUT they must first know you have sent the kit back and when you sent it back. If you haven't contacted them to let them know you know your kit is "absolutely lost in Houston Postal Service" they have no reason to believe it has even been mailed back.

Once you do that and once they feel there has been enough time pass since you mailed it back then and only then will they send you a replacement kit. The ball is in your court. You are the one who must act. It does no good to keep complaining here.

Several people have tried to explain the situation to you, but you don't want to listen.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:09 PM
FTDNA Customer

Family Tree DNA customer service say they will send replacement kit. And did you see this image? I didn't read anything.

https://ibb.co/d4kcEF

Last edited by canadienne; 8th September 2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 8th September 2017, 03:24 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Family Tree DNA customer service say they will send replacement kit. And did you see this image? I didn't read anything.

https://ibb.co/d4kcEF
Yes, I can see the image. It's the signature of the person who signed for receipt of your kit at the Post Office in Houston.

DO let us know when your first kit is batched in the next week or so and wasn't lost afterall.
Old 8th September 2017, 09:17 PM
FTDNA Customer

Normally, the process should not last as long. If my parcel was not lost, it was delivered last week. I'm not livin USA and didn't call USPS.
Can anyone in the US help me?
That's my tracking number
RR230249064TR
Old 9th September 2017, 12:39 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Normally, the process should not last as long. If my parcel was not lost, it was delivered last week.
Surely you're aware that the past fortnight has been FAR from normal in Houston, so some things (including shipments of non-essential items) are taking longer than usual. Freight companies will be flat out delivering essential supplies to Houston at the moment.

Your kit was scanned on arrival at the post office in Houston. That mail bag may not have been delivered to FtDNA yet.
Old 9th September 2017, 05:55 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Normally, the process should not last as long. If my parcel was not lost, it was delivered last week. I'm not livin USA and didn't call USPS.
Can anyone in the US help me?
That's my tracking number
RR230249064TR
Your tracking number shows it was delivered in the Houston post office last week. You should not have requested a new kit this soon. Houston was hit by a hurricane before your kit arrived. Mail services were closed during those days and probably still are in some areas. Houston is still dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane. FTDNA did not go to work for a few days during the hurricane. This coming week your kit should get delivered to FTDNA like we have been telling you this whole time.
Old 9th September 2017, 07:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Even without a Hurricane, a week between when a Kit was marked delivered by the Post Office and when FTDNA recorded it as received has not been unusual. Only if it was more than two weeks should anyone have started to seriously worry.
Old 9th September 2017, 11:15 PM
FTDNA Customer

I think my kit is lost. If we calculate in the storm factor, it has to be reached already.
I have read many negative comments about the postal service in Houston, but I have not had such an incident. I had experience for me. Bad experience. If my kit arrive, I'd be happy. But i don't have a chance. Thank you for your interest.