Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Geographic Project Forums > British Isles DNA Project

Old 30th April 2007, 01:44 PM
FTDNA Customer

Matchmaker

If you wish to contact someone who is a member of the British Isles forum for comparison or discussion of DNA profiles, please use this thread. You do not need to be a member of the forum yourself. Just post your query in this thread, and address it to a specific member, identified by surname and/or kit number.

Good hunting.
Old 30th April 2007, 03:49 PM

Good move

This is an important move. Well done.

David
Canada

FTdna 59278
R1b1c*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roykeys
If you wish to contact someone who is a member of the British Isles forum for comparison or discussion of DNA profiles, please use this thread. You do not need to be a member of the forum yourself. Just post your query in this thread, and address it to a specific member, identified by surname and/or kit number.

Good hunting.
Old 30th April 2007, 05:42 PM
tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb123

David
Canada

FTdna 59278
R1b1c*
/signed

This should help quite a few of us. Greetings folks.
Old 1st May 2007, 05:38 PM
Robert Chisholm

xxxxxxxxxx
Old 15th May 2007, 06:39 PM
DMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb123

David
Canada

FTdna 59278
R1b1c*
I agree.
David, I am also R1b1c, although Y-Search still says R1b1. I have the same results as yours except I never got results for S21 S26 S28 S29. Did you test with FTDNA?

Thanks,
Dave
New Zealand
FTDNA 82038, Y-Search M4H58
Old 6th July 2007, 12:24 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMiller
I agree.
David, I am also R1b1c, although Y-Search still says R1b1. I have the same results as yours except I never got results for S21 S26 S28 S29. Did you test with FTDNA?

Thanks,
Dave
New Zealand
FTDNA 82038, Y-Search M4H58
Those four markers that you mentioned are known as the S-Series and are currently only tested by EthnoAncestry. If you have had an R1b deep SNP test at FTDNA you can go to EthnoAncestry and order the R1b FT Upgrade to get the S-series. There is also a new marker known as S68 in addtion to the other four, that you would have to order as a Custom Select SNP. These SNPs define other subclades: R1b1c9, R1b1c9a, R1b1c9b, R1b1c10, and R1b1c11. They are also working on three other R1b SNPs that they were hoping to make available this summer.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:56 PM
mtDNA: J2b1a1(a) | Y-DNA: I2a1a | Horse Person

I am mtDNA haplogroup J2.My ancestor on maternal line is Margaret Lynch Cork Ireland born in 1841.She is in US by 1860.
I joined to British Isles 2
Old 2nd August 2007, 04:20 PM
DMiller

[QUOTE=R2-D2]Those four markers that you mentioned are known as the S-Series and are currently only tested by EthnoAncestry........

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me. Sorry to be so long in replying but I had given up checking back here for a while there.
I'll check them out.
Thanks again,
Dave.
Old 18th October 2007, 04:00 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMiller
Thank you very much for clarifying that for me. Sorry to be so long in replying but I had given up checking back here for a while there.
I'll check them out.
Thanks again,
Dave.
I forgot about this forum for a while too. Those 3 additional SNPs that I mentioned won't be made available because they are in a region of the DNA that is difficult to sequence. FTDNA will soon be offering the SNPs for haplogroups 9 through 10. Some papers were published this year that had also discovered some of the SNPs but had different names for them. It will be interesting to see which names they use.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:02 AM
mush589

Thank you for opening this thread, and thank goodness I tried to read all of the various projects and stumbled across it. I've listed my story under the title "A great day for the Irish... er, Spanish,, mongul..." and I don't want to wear out my typing ability at this time, however, if there are Dineens, Dinneens or even O'Duinnans reading here give me a shout. I'll be checking in here, periodically and, in case you are interested, I am R1b1.

Tim