Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Geographic Project Forums > African DNA Project

Old 21st August 2007, 05:36 PM

Recent Ancestral Database Update?

I just login to my Family Tree DNA and the Recent Ancestral Origins are now showing ethnic groups in some of the comments. I have an exact (12/12) match in Mali and the comment states Dogon! My near matches 1 step mutation which are 11/12 markers are showing Mali -Dogon. Two step mutations which are 10/12 matches are showing Cameroon-Bakaka, Cameroon-Ngoumba, Guinea-Peul, Ivory Coast - Agni, Ivory Coast - Brignan and Senegal-Mandenka. Has anyone else checked out their RAO lately and are you seeing the same thing?
Old 21st August 2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1906
I just login to my Family Tree DNA and the Recent Ancestral Origins are now showing ethnic groups in some of the comments. I have an exact (12/12) match in Mali and the comment states Dogon! My near matches 1 step mutation which are 11/12 markers are showing Mali -Dogon. Two step mutations which are 10/12 matches are showing Cameroon-Bakaka, Cameroon-Ngoumba, Guinea-Peul, Ivory Coast - Agni, Ivory Coast - Brignan and Senegal-Mandenka. Has anyone else checked out their RAO lately and are you seeing the same thing?
Hi Lee,
My father's indicates MDKO Antiqua.
Denise Clarke, L1c
Father: Y-DNA: E, Mtdna: L3e1*
Old 21st August 2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1906
Hi Lee,
My father's indicates MDKO Antiqua. Also, 1 step mutation several countries are listed: Austria-Hungry,Czechoslovakia,Germany, Romania, Russia and Poland. My Father does have an exact match at the 12/25. This same individual is 2-step mutation difference at the 37-marker. His most distant paternal male first and middle name matches a male in our family tree. I have communicated with this gentleman. We haven't been able to connect the dots yet.
Best to you,
Denise Clarke, L1c
Father: Y-DNA: E, Mtdna: L3e1*