• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WCoaster
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2011

Are current matches Build 37?

A cousin recently received his Family Finder results, and we're wondering whether current matches are based on Build 37, or still Build 36? I realize that raw data is available for both, but am not sure whether the entire database has been re-run. I haven't replaced the earlier data for old matches, so would comparing our results based on my current Build 36 data be comparing apples to oranges?
  • WCoaster
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2011

Clarification

By "current Build 36 data," I meant build 36 data from older matches stored in the same master spreadsheet as (Build 37?) data from more recent matches. If there was a changeover, it would help to know when it occurred, so I could update the older matches for more accurate comparison with the recent ones.

Comment

• prairielad
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2011

All data is still listed as Build 36 on Chromosome Browser page and match page

Comment

• WCoaster
        FTDNA Customer
        • Oct 2011

Oops, missed that!

Thanks, prairielad! You're more observant than I am!

Comment

• Rebekah Canada
          Q-M242 Project Administrator
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by WCoaster View Post
          A cousin recently received his Family Finder results, and we're wondering whether current matches are based on Build 37, or still Build 36? I realize that raw data is available for both, but am not sure whether the entire database has been re-run. I haven't replaced the earlier data for old matches, so would comparing our results based on my current Build 36 data be comparing apples to oranges?
          Hi,

It is complicated. All matches are done using Build 37 mapping and centiMorgan data. Everyone was re-run to make that universal.

However, the start/stop point information comes from a separate database table. That table still uses Build 36. This is because position is not how actual matching blocks are stored in the database. We are talking about getting this Build 36 start/stop point table updated. I am really pushing for it, and I hope I can report something good there soon.

Comment

• lindab
            FTDNA Customer
            • Sep 2012

Rebekah,

I noticed some start/stop points changed with the update the end of October. Since that update included a few lost matches and a number of gained matches, I've been working on a new database of chromosome browser information for my close kin that I've had tested. I've not yet gotten all the information back up to what I had included before. If all if this is subject to change again, causing a "start from scratch" database, it would be nice to know now before I waste too much time. Since April or so, this is my 3rd "start from scratch".

As well, with the chromosome browser info. now available to me for all of the members of my surname project, I was contemplating starting a similar database for those individuals. Again, if it is going to change again, I won't waste my time now as this involves 50 members and will be very time consuming.

TY for all you are doing
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X