Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > The Genographic Project

The Genographic Project Do you have results from Genographic? Are you considering testing with them? This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 22nd October 2015, 12:10 PM
FTDNA Customer

I am confused about GENO 2.0 Next Generation

my results are in I went to National Geographic web page to transfer my results to Family Tree it said they already have been transferred?? what exactly is transferred I see no new results and my Haplogroups don't show up on Family Tree am I missing something?? thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 02:45 PM
FTDNA Customer

Transfer problem

I called FTDNA about a week ago about this. They said it was a technical problem and that they were working on it. They expected to be able to do transfers of Geno2 Next Generation in about a week or two.
Old 22nd October 2015, 02:48 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdegnen View Post
I called FTDNA about a week ago about this. They said it was a technical problem and that they were working on it. They expected to be able to do transfers of Geno2 Next Generation in about a week or two.
Thanks for your response!!!
Old 30th October 2015, 01:22 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
well it has been week one still no transfer I guess I will wait and see about week 2
Old 30th October 2015, 08:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JComer View Post
well it has been week one still no transfer I guess I will wait and see about week 2
Meanwhile contact me (Wayne) via the email on the R-U106 project page so we can start working on your Z319 result.
Old 5th November 2015, 07:01 AM
FTDNA Customer

Z319

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkauffman View Post
Meanwhile contact me (Wayne) via the email on the R-U106 project page so we can start working on your Z319 result.
I sent you a PM
Old 6th November 2015, 04:57 PM
yDNA=R-A5000, mtDNA=T2b.

Post Geno2 Transfer Delays

JCromer, FTDNA stated the following:

"Genographic Project transfers are temporarily unavailable. The Next Gen. transfer infrastructure is still a work in progress. We do not yet have a price set for the transfer. We are currently working on bringing Genographic Project transfers back online but do not yet have a projected date of completion. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will notify you as soon as more information is available"

And they also stated this:

"The transfer is still free. An upgrade to Family Finder will be in the $49-$39 range, though that's not yet finalized. While the transfer and upgrade options will be a great benefit and are a good reason to go with the Geno Next Gen, they are not part of the test you pay for. Geno Next Gen currently delivers the complete product you're buying from them. It's simply the transfer pipeline that is still in development. It had to be changed because of the differences in the data, and it has to dovetail seamlessly with the existing Family Finder and third-party transfer product. without disruption"

Hope that this allays some of your confusion
Old 7th November 2015, 01:48 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulanthony1976 View Post
JCromer, FTDNA stated the following:

"Genographic Project transfers are temporarily unavailable. The Next Gen. transfer infrastructure is still a work in progress. We do not yet have a price set for the transfer. We are currently working on bringing Genographic Project transfers back online but do not yet have a projected date of completion. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will notify you as soon as more information is available"

And they also stated this:

"The transfer is still free. An upgrade to Family Finder will be in the $49-$39 range, though that's not yet finalized. While the transfer and upgrade options will be a great benefit and are a good reason to go with the Geno
Next Gen, they are not part of the test you pay for. Geno Next Gen currently delivers the complete product you're buying from them. It's simply the transfer pipeline that is still in development. It had to be changed because of the differences in the data, and it has to dovetail seamlessly with the existing Family Finder and third-party transfer product. without disruption"

Hope that this allays some of your confusion

Thanks for the explaination it just goes to show people what Family Tree DNA tells you up front and what happens when you try to transfer are two different things
Old 18th November 2015, 09:38 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
rdegnen, have you heard anything else? it's been almost a month
Old 18th March 2016, 10:54 PM
FTDNA Customer

geno tansfers

It took til January 8 to be able to transfer, but the data is still not complete.

mj