Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Maternal Lineages (mtDNA) > mtDNA - Advanced Topics

mtDNA - Advanced Topics Users can exchange advanced information here on mtDNA testing, results, and questions. You must register and sign in to view or post in this forum.

Old 26th March 2013, 12:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

Mitosearch

Anybody else having trouble uploading to Mitosearch? I keep getting an error message "500 - internal server error". If I try to get my password back, put in my email and still get the error message. It acts like it accepted my data but cannot be sure.
Old 4th April 2013, 04:10 PM

Angry Mitosearch designed by Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThom View Post
Anybody else having trouble uploading to Mitosearch? I keep getting an error message "500 - internal server error". If I try to get my password back, put in my email and still get the error message. It acts like it accepted my data but cannot be sure.
I had the same problem...
I used the 'Contact Us' link at the top of FTDNA's website and told them about it... They u/l'd my stuff for me... and sent me my usrID and pswrd, which I promptly changed, of course (LOL)...

Now, I'm having trouble with the contact hyperlinks...
1. I do a 'Compare'... to see whose DNA from all the combined databases, match my DNA (I think that's how it's supposed to work)...
a. A list of matches comes up with the most horrible table arrangement I've ever seen in my life (there is NOTHING familiar with any other type of db I've ever seen before - It's like it was designed by someone from another planet)... Things that are given to the general public should have, at least, some type of familiarity to it [for examply, windows 3.1, 95, 98, ect... the word file is ALWAYS in the first menu on the far left, NEVER anywhere else... When U upgrade to the next version it doesn't look so ALIEN, it's slightly familiar and therefore useable to the general public]... back to the table dilemma, I mean, is it arranged chronologically, by least common or most common something, alphabetically, numerological, etc... Is there a key somewhere to it's mysterious arrangement??? If it's a standard db derived table, why doesn't it allow for arrangement by simply clicking the titles at the top of each column???) Anyway...
2. I click on one of the ID's in the first column, in the first row...
a. This takes me to a page with a few more details (entered by the person with the userID)... and a contact link...
3. I click on the contact link... "Contact this user"
a. I get error message "500 - internal server error" (Even the error messages are bland - No detail whatsoever???)
4. Please, just finish payin' the db guys/girls/aliens/whatever so that they can finish this thing and we can actually derive useful information from it... LOL...
Old 9th April 2013, 05:25 PM

Thumbs down From the Family Tree DNA Peps (I think???)

Mitosearch and ysearch have long been plagued by server issues. Our IT Department is aware of them.

Have a nice Day

Regards,

Clint M
Customer Support
Family Tree DNA
www.familytreedna.com
Old 10th April 2013, 03:21 AM
FTDNA Customer

I was recently notified that I had a (very rare) U5b2b2 match, which is shown in my FTDNA page. But it has not showed up on Mitosearch. FTDNS says results are automatically uploaded to Mitosearch. So why isn't it there? Also, this person should be recruited to the U5 and U5b projects.
Old 10th April 2013, 05:49 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
I was recently notified that I had a (very rare) U5b2b2 match, which is shown in my FTDNA page. But it has not showed up on Mitosearch. FTDNS says results are automatically uploaded to Mitosearch. So why isn't it there? Also, this person should be recruited to the U5 and U5b projects.
If the user never uploaded earlier results to Mitosearch that user has no Mitosearch account to be updated. The odds favor the conclusion the user is new. Can't you contact the user through your FTDNA page?
Old 10th April 2013, 01:20 PM
Webinar Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
FTDNS says results are automatically uploaded to Mitosearch. So why isn't it there?
Results are never automatically uploaded to Ysearch and Mitosearch -- it's a completely optional upload for customers. Where did you see something claiming this was automatic?

Elise
Old 10th April 2013, 07:34 PM
FTDNA Customer

I guess FTDNA was only talking to me myself about my own upgrades.
Old 11th April 2013, 05:52 PM

Question GedCom & YSearch

I want to upload my info to YSearch... and it says to use GEDCOM on the FTDNA page...
I click on that, in the resources drop-down menu, and it takes me to a page asking for my GEDCOM file...
What is a GEDCOM file???
Do I need one???
If so, how do I get it???

Thanks for any constructive info...
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:37 PM

Thumbs down Server Error 500

I can send a message to anyone!!!

What good is the matching if you can't contact anyone that matches???

I don't understand...

Also, I don't see any rhyme or reason to the arrangement of the table... and why can't we click on the top of a column and have the results rearrange themselves the way we want them too... you know like A-Z in an excel spreadsheet???

I don't understand...
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danix803 View Post
I want to upload my info to YSearch... and it says to use GEDCOM on the FTDNA page...
I click on that, in the resources drop-down menu, and it takes me to a page asking for my GEDCOM file...
What is a GEDCOM file???
Do I need one???
If so, how do I get it???

Thanks for any constructive info...
A GEDcom file is a family tree in a specially formatted plain text format. Many family tree computer programs generate them. There are programs that use GEDcom as their native format.