Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Y-DNA Lineage and Surname Project Forums > Davenport Forum

Davenport Forum This is a private forum for all the Davenport that are interested in finding more about the Davenport DNA Project.

Old 13th July 2005, 05:31 AM
hwilliam

Seeking descendants of James of Martin of Davis

I am seeking male patrilineal descendants of James Davenport Sr, son of Martin Davenport Sr, son of Davis Davenport (latter two on VATax Rolls of 1704). You will be a descendant of either James Jr, as I am, or Jesse of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, VA. Jesse's widow moved to Georgia in the 1820s.
If you can satisfy me that you are descended from Jesse son of James Sr, I may be willing to pay for your 12-marker test.
You may contact me at billdavenport@hotmail.com or mfhwd@wiu.edu for further information.
Harbert William (Bill) Davenport
Old 15th November 2016, 06:21 PM
FTDNA Customer

I'm just a casual observer here. I have a Taylor line of Virginia in colonial times that is mysterious. I noticed casually that General Maxwell D (for Davenport) Taylor could be somehow connected. Anyway his middle name might interest you.
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:50 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
I'm just a casual observer here. I have a Taylor line of Virginia in colonial times that is mysterious. I noticed casually that General Maxwell D (for Davenport) Taylor could be somehow connected. Anyway his middle name might interest you.
Well, maybe I'm not just a casual observer after all. In my latest hypothetical direct maternal line that brick walls at a "Lee", I have a female "Davenport" (on the other side of the brick wall). "Graves" and "Settles" are also there. I don't have the specifics at hand right now. It's VA > KY, and eventually my maternal line goes to IN and beyond.

Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 2nd June 2017 at 08:54 AM.