Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Maternal Lineages (mtDNA) > mtDNA - Advanced Topics

mtDNA - Advanced Topics Users can exchange advanced information here on mtDNA testing, results, and questions. You must register and sign in to view or post in this forum.

Old 7th March 2017, 02:22 PM
FTDNA Customer

Ethnic and geographical origin of my direct maternal line

Hi guys!

I am talking about my direct maternal line, here, again. Now, I've got a new exact match from the same state of my mother, in Brazil, and another match with 1 step of genetic distance, from Spain. So, I've got 3 exact matches with direct maternal lines from the Azores, Portugal, 1 exact match from direct maternal line from the same state of my mother's direct maternal line, in Brazil (our lines go back to Portugal), and, 1 match from Spain, with 1 step of genetic distance.

My question is: Do you think that everything is showing that my our common ancestress was from Spain and fled to Portugal, in the 15th Century?

Observation: We've got two matches Sephardic Jews, from Libya and Tunisia, on level HVR1&HVR2.

Please, I would like hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Natan
Old 7th March 2017, 05:07 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
Hi guys!

I am talking about my direct maternal line, here, again. Now, I've got a new exact match from the same state of my mother, in Brazil, and another match with 1 step of genetic distance, from Spain. So, I've got 3 exact matches with direct maternal lines from the Azores, Portugal, 1 exact match from direct maternal line from the same state of my mother's direct maternal line, in Brazil (our lines go back to Portugal), and, 1 match from Spain, with 1 step of genetic distance.

My question is: Do you think that everything is showing that my our common ancestress was from Spain and fled to Portugal, in the 15th Century?

Observation: We've got two matches Sephardic Jews, from Libya and Tunisia, on level HVR1&HVR2.

Please, I would like hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Natan
That is a possible scenario.