Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > myOrigins Basics

Old 9th December 2017, 05:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATM View Post
Would your wife's father be open to taking a Family Finder test? Actually, his Y and mtDNA results would be interesting, too, showing the Native American haplogroups.
Q and mtdna A
Old 10th December 2017, 08:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc_44 View Post
Q and mtdna A
The father was already tested and those are the results? Or this is just speculation? Q - okay. M3 or Z780, probably others. But there are a number of possibilities for indigenous mtDNA besides the As: there are lots of Ds, Bs and Cs. (X2a too though the later seems not likely in Peru) There can be quite an assortment, even within a relatively small geographical area. Among new world mtDNA haplogroups, A is somewhat less that 50% as I remember.

As for separating out North/South/Central in "ethnicity estimates." That is just yielding nonsense.
Old 11th December 2017, 01:00 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuelita View Post
The father was already tested and those are the results? Or this is just speculation? Q - okay. M3 or Z780, probably others. But there are a number of possibilities for indigenous mtDNA besides the As: there are lots of Ds, Bs and Cs. (X2a too though the later seems not likely in Peru) There can be quite an assortment, even within a relatively small geographical area. Among new world mtDNA haplogroups, A is somewhat less that 50% as I remember.

As for separating out North/South/Central in "ethnicity estimates." That is just yielding nonsense.
? What are u talking about that's why I posted it he is already tested Q ydna and mtdna A
Old 11th December 2017, 03:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuelita View Post

My birth father was never tested. I think there's a side bar going on, but I did run my data on Morley and the Y haplogroup was A1B1B1 I'm not sure if that's right since he has not been tested for anything.

I found a 2nd-4th cousin on ftdna who is Mexican. Another that is more distant and is Puerto Rican.

I've found 4 close cousins on ancestry who are Mexican and 6 that are distant. 26 very distant cousins from Peru. None of my close matches on ancestry are Peruvian. Most don't even know who my birth father's family are or their surname.

Last edited by SoVeryConfused; 11th December 2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 15th December 2017, 01:39 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc_44 View Post
My wife is 50% native american her father is 100% and on the test she got 17% native american and then they updated the results to the new version now its 26% still along way from 50% what she is
myheritage.com shows her at 42.1% alot closer to 50% than ftdna
Old 31st December 2017, 01:42 PM
FTDNA Customer

My wife is Peruvian and got similar results.

My wife is 100% Peruvian and can trace her lineage back several generations on both sides of her family. Her results only show about 5% South American. 60% North and Central American 30% Iberian (makes sense since she is Hispanic) and about 5% other.
Old 25th January 2018, 08:53 PM
FTDNA Customer

I'm pretty sure you are half peruvian, I answered your thread in the adoptees section.