Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Universal Lineage Testing (Autosomal DNA) > myOrigins Basics

Old 29th November 2016, 12:21 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinduffy View Post
My ethnicity: Irish.

Hunter-Gatherer: 47%

Farmer: 42%

Metal Age Invader: 11%

It seems that as the Metal Age Invaders moved away from their point of origin, they eliminated the male hunters and farmers that they encountered but mated with the surviving females and so - over time - became less Metal Age Invader and more HG/Farmer in terms of their genetic profiles.
yeah and in many cases probably it was just some took over as the leaders and caused the language to change (basically 100% across most of Europe, pretty much everywhere but for Basque region; in Estonia and FInland it's true that also don't speak IE although it's probably all complex and in Hungary probably an even more recent shift in language group where some Urgic speaker leaders took over and had nearly 0% autosomal impact but 100% language impact) while the autosomal gene changes were far more minor (Y DNA change was fairly big though).

Last edited by wombat; 29th November 2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:23 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvarela View Post
Is your algerian ascendent eally african, or is it a franch imigrant who went to Algeria? I question you cause you mentiones your DNA score was 10% non-european. Is it possible an european from just european ancestrors having tihs type of score? By the way, wdo you know what would be this 10% origuin come from. I questio you cause I would like to know about my one (20%).
I seriously doubt any solely European could get 10% non-european on this test.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:25 AM
FTDNA Customer

my mom:
56% Hunter-Gatherer
29% Farmer
15% Metal Age Invader
----
my dad:
55% Hunter-Gatherer
32% Farmer
13% Metal Age Invader
-------
some results from other people with ancestry primarily from the same area as my parents are largely from:
58% Hunter-Gatherer
29% Farmer
14% Metal Age Invader
----------
61% Hunter-Gatherer
28% Farmer
12% Metal age Invader
-----
57% Hunter-Gatherer
29% Farmer
14% Metal Age Invader
Old 29th November 2016, 01:06 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
If I remember correctly, a Finn has posted his/her results here: 8% non-European.
Given these results, I would not be surprised to see a European from the east or northeast being 10% non-European, due to the genetic afinity with Asia.
Old 29th November 2016, 04:02 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
My scores origin results: 79% european; 7% Middle Eatern(North Africa); 8% New world; 6% African. But Ancient origin score gave just 80%???I thought they would add 79% and 7% Middle Eastern, cause North African is present in Iberian people which I have ascendancy. So, from what gene I could expect these 20% score?
Old 29th November 2016, 05:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

Ancient European Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCarlos View Post
I've seen that the main component among people from India and South/Central Asia in general, seems to be this Metal Age Invader category. I've been reading some results posted by people from that part of the world and that's what it looks like.
Hi. Referencing your post JuanCarlos, I am wondering about a mysterious and substantial 10%. My AEO stats: 62% Early Farmers, 29% Hunter-Gatherers and 10% non-European. NO Metal Age Invaders at all! My Ethnic Makeup breakdown is ME 71% European 20% and non-European 10%. I am dark-haired & blue-eyed. Any theories appreciated.
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:14 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
Hi. Referencing your post JuanCarlos, I am wondering about a mysterious and substantial 10%. My AEO stats: 62% Early Farmers, 29% Hunter-Gatherers and 10% non-European. NO Metal Age Invaders at all! My Ethnic Makeup breakdown is ME 71% European 20% and non-European 10%. I am dark-haired & blue-eyed. Any theories appreciated.
Are you american or european? From?
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:19 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Antonia, what country are you from? You state your ethnic make up is 71% ME, which means Middle Eastern, plus 20% European. You did not receive any Metal Age Invaders in Ancient Origins. The 10% non-European could be anything. That you did not receive any Metal Age Invader % may be related to the specific area, or country, you are from. That will help a lot. However, you did get 29% Hunter Gatherers, which is stronger in Europe and 62% EF, which covers Southern Europe and is also strong in the ME.
Old 4th December 2016, 02:36 AM
FTDNA Customer

I am from Saudi Arabia.

Ancient Origins:

Hunter-Gatherer:0%

Farmer:76%

Metal Age Invader:19%

non-European:5%

Myorigins:

Middle Eastern:100%

Eastern Middle East:91%

North Africa:9%
Old 5th December 2016, 10:55 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Your pattern fits those of Southwest Asia and the Red Sea area. There were few Kurgans (Metal culture) in that area.