Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 20th November 2014, 04:37 AM
FTDNA Customer

See results of two kits simultaneously

At the moment I have four kits that I've paid for, to examine DNA of different members of my family. None of the people who have been tested are interested in pursuing the research.

I would like to be able to open the results for two people (for example, for my brother and me) in two separate tabs of my browser and switch between the tabs. However, when I try to do this, I get logged out of the first tab when I open the second. This makes it extremely hard to do comparisons of matches.

It also seems that the "in common with" feature on the matches page is broken, and has been for some time. This makes it even more frustrating that I can even find common matches manually.
Old 20th November 2014, 07:49 AM
FTDNA Customer

You have to use two different browsers. Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are the three main browsers you have to choose from if you use Microsoft Windows.
Old 20th November 2014, 07:56 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlenci View Post
At the moment I have four kits that I've paid for, to examine DNA of different members of my family. None of the people who have been tested are interested in pursuing the research.

I would like to be able to open the results for two people (for example, for my brother and me) in two separate tabs of my browser and switch between the tabs. However, when I try to do this, I get logged out of the first tab when I open the second. This makes it extremely hard to do comparisons of matches.
You need to create your own Family Finder project if you administer multiple kits. I made some instructions for myself on how to do this hopefully it will help you (I wrote these instructions quite a long time ago so hopefully it is still current).

1.) Fill out a new project application: https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...SVFtcE1yaVE6MQ

2.) Once approved you will be given a temporary ID and password.

3.) If you are already a project administrator or co-administrator with another project and have a prexisting GAP account log into your already established GAP account using your previous credentials. Then in GAP under my account click on "Add Projects". Enter your new temporary ID and password you were given for your new project. You will now find all your projects you administer in the dropdown box in the top right of GAP and be able to switch between them.

4.) If you don't have a previous GAP account then log in at https://www.familytreedna.com/Login.aspx with your temporary ID and password you were given for your new project and follow the prompts.

5.) To invite people to join or to join your various accounts into your newly established project under the "Project Administration" tab select "Project Profile". Next to "Returning Join Link" copy the entire link and send that link to those who wish to join or use that link to join your own kits to the project. Note: To join your kits to the project you first must log out of GAP then log in to each individual kit you wish to have in the project (log-in with username and password for that individual kit) and after logging in copy and paste the "Returning Join Link" web address into your browser and then join project, you will have to repeat this for all your individual kits you wish to be part of the project.

6.) You can now log back into GAP and view Family Finder results etc. for all your kits in your project instead of having to individually log into each individual account (under "Member Reports" click on "Member Information" to be able to view kits and view that member page by clicking on the kit number you wish to view). You will only have read only or limited access to the kits through GAP though, to grant yourself full access to make changes to settings etc. and manage accounts fully through your project see step 7.

7.) If you are using your new project to be able to manage all your kits with one login/password it is best to grant yourself full access to all your personal kits so you can change settings and add or edit info all from your GAP account. To do this in GAP under My Account click on "Kit Authorization" and then enter the Kit Number and password for each account you wish to have full access to in GAP. (*Be sure to complete your first and last name in your Contact Information in GAP so the kit can view those administrators with Full Access to their kit.)

Any questions on GAP read the FAQ at http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/ans....aspx?faqid=20

Some advantages to setting up a Family Finder project:
One log-in for multiple kits
Use the Family Finder matrix located under "Genetic Reports" in Gap and utilize the "In Common With" feature between projects members even between those accounts that don't show up as matches in Family Finder.