Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 26th January 2018, 01:36 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloubiboulga View Post
The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

*(thanks again to whoever made the tool. My beef is not with them)
Why would you be annoyed with ftdna because you can't follow instructions they dont support that version and they post that
Old 26th January 2018, 01:39 AM
FTDNA Customer

If you want to use a 3rd party tool that's on you not them
Old 26th January 2018, 03:56 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

Let me get this straight. You're annoyed with FamilyTreeDNA that Ancestry changed the format of the DNA file they allow you to download?
Old 26th January 2018, 07:28 AM
R-BY39877

Quote:

That is amazing. You are mad at FTDNA because Ancestry changed their file so it would no longer work. Why should FTDNA not support the transfer. It still works for the files from Ancestry before Ancestry changed their file. Is there any change that you are mad at the wrong company?
Old 26th January 2018, 07:42 PM
FTDNA Customer

MapMy23 WORKS

I, like many others, tried unsuccessfully to upload my raw AncestryDNA results. Each time I received the same error that has already been posted. Three downloads to two different computers using four different browsers--No Joy. I read this thread and tried the link below, and it worked. I had to wait to post this comment until my account was activated for the Forums.

Thanks to whoever created this workaround.

Semper Fi

http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php
Old 30th January 2018, 12:07 PM
FTDNA Customer

Thumbs up Thanks For the Mapmy23 Fix!!!!

Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!
Old 9th February 2018, 11:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunblu View Post
Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!
You are very welcome!
Old 9th February 2018, 11:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyG View Post
I, like many others, tried unsuccessfully to upload my raw AncestryDNA results. Each time I received the same error that has already been posted. Three downloads to two different computers using four different browsers--No Joy. I read this thread and tried the link below, and it worked. I had to wait to post this comment until my account was activated for the Forums.

Thanks to whoever created this workaround.

Semper Fi

http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php
Glad you got it working!
Old 9th February 2018, 11:59 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hayley View Post
Have used the mapmy23 tool many times and even though I've used it for several kits, it isn't working for this one.
I've also messaged the Forum contact 2 times and no reply.
Hi Ann, sorry I didn't see your message, I did reply, I will try to help as best I can. It does seem that randomly FTDNA will not accept a small percentage of these converted kits. Unfortunately I've not found the problem yet, they seem to be in exactly the same format as the others and have the same number of snps etc, but I will keep looking!
Old 27th February 2018, 01:34 AM
FTDNA Customer

I'm always glad there are smarter people than me!

To Chrisbonisa: Thanks for the Ancestry fix! I got my results this morning and couldn't make any good connections on Ancestry. When I uploaded to FTDNA I got some verification on my hunches from some of my matches. Doesn't happen without your fix

Best Regards,
Jeff