Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 26th May 2018, 06:04 PM
FTDNA Customer

Matches lists cut off

Anyone else having this problem, or just me? It's intermittent. Twice now, all pages of my lists of matches have been cut off well before 30 matches. Last time (two or three weeks ago), about 20 matches showed on each page, and today, each list is cut off after 14 matches. The rest of the list is just blank. Once the problem starts, it happens on every page of matches regardless of how the list is sorted or filtered. Both times, this started after I had been viewing matches for a while, not when I first viewed the matches. Today, I'd been logged in and viewing matches for about half an hour before the lists started being cut off. I'd report it to tech support, but I know how uninterested people are in intermittent problems -- I've learned from experience that if a problem doesn't happen every time, there's no point reporting it. And no, there's nothing I did differently on these two occasions that could have caused the problem.
Old 26th May 2018, 09:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

No problem(s) like you've been describing ... and I've tried 4 of the kits I manage. I was using an elderly i-pad (with Safari) and an equally elderly PC (but with latest version of Firefox).

I also can't recall ever having had that sort of problem.

Could it be your internet connection?
Old 26th May 2018, 11:39 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Could it be your internet connection?
No; for one thing, a connection problem would affect the speed of pages loading, and that's not what's happening, and it wouldn't explain why exactly 14 matches were shown on every page of the matches list, instead of 30. (Also, I have a very fast connection -- 200 MBPS download.)

After it happened today, I logged off and then logged back in a few hours later, and everything was fine. But I expect it will happen again sooner or later.
Old 27th May 2018, 07:11 AM
FTDNA Customer

Clear your browser cache Susan.
Old 27th May 2018, 01:55 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
Clear your browser cache Susan.
That obviously has nothing to do with it, since it's an intermittent problem and appeared and disappeared within a couple hours on the same day without my having cleared the browser cache in between.

I'd just like to know whether anyone else has experienced this problem, so if you haven't, there is no need to respond.
Old 29th May 2018, 03:09 PM
FTDNA Customer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_dakin View Post
That obviously has nothing to do with it, since it's an intermittent problem and appeared and disappeared within a couple hours on the same day without my having cleared the browser cache in between.

I'd just like to know whether anyone else has experienced this problem, so if you haven't, there is no need to respond.
No need to be nasty. Nothing OBVIOUS about your problem in your comments regarding clearing cache previously...or at all. It always happens to me when the cache on the browser is at full capacity. What made you think I would waste time responding trying to help you if I had not also experienced the same problem?
Old 29th May 2018, 08:09 PM
mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172

It's happened to me before in situations where I had been idle for a long time. Instead of being automatically logged out as I should have been, I got these partial pages of matches. The problem was solved by logging out and logging in again.

On a couple of other occasions when I had the problem, other people were complaining about the same thing. I think we just had to wait until FTDNA fixed the problem when everyone was experiencing it at the same time.

So, unless other people are complaining about it on this forum, you may want to try logging out and immediately logging in again to see if that fixes it.