Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA and Genealogy for Beginners

DNA and Genealogy for Beginners Everything you wanted to know about DNA and Genealogy but didn't know where to ask. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 16th May 2017, 12:38 PM
FTDNA Customer

Exclamation How long does it take for the transfer data results to appear?

Hi,

I uploaded my raw from 23andme to FTDNA yesterday, and it still shows the results are pending.

Usually, how long does it take for the results to be fully shown up on the site?

Thank you!
Old 17th May 2017, 11:54 AM
FTDNA Customer

Hello?
Old 17th May 2017, 12:53 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

It's supposed to take 24 hours, I believe, but from other threads in the forums, there seems to be a lot of complaints about long delays (many days).
Old 17th May 2017, 12:55 PM
FTDNA Customer

Patience

It is not going to happen in a hurry. Your won't get a match until it is processed and added to the FTDNA database and a run made. Match runs seem to be made approximately once a week (usually Wednesday or Thursday) so have patience.

Too many people transfering to FTDNA think when they upload to FTDNA, it happens immediately , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Old 17th May 2017, 03:14 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATM View Post
It's supposed to take 24 hours, I believe, but from other threads in the forums, there seems to be a lot of complaints about long delays (many days).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP1144 View Post
It is not going to happen in a hurry. Your won't get a match until it is processed and added to the FTDNA database and a run made. Match runs seem to be made approximately once a week (usually Wednesday or Thursday) so have patience.

Too many people transfering to FTDNA think when they upload to FTDNA, it happens immediately , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Thank you so much!
Old 18th May 2017, 01:02 AM
FTDNA Customer

I uploaded my 23 & Me autosomal file to FTDNA last Thursday and my matches were available a few hours later.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:15 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finrod View Post
I uploaded my 23 & Me autosomal file to FTDNA last Thursday and my matches were available a few hours later.
Did it also show you the ancestry composition?

I don't have any DNA matches, but lab results are pending.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:32 PM
yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by noman View Post
Did it also show you the ancestry composition?
Uploads of raw data from 23andMe and AncestryDNA only give you your closest matches. You won't get more distant matches (4th-remote and 5th-remote cousins), ancestry composition (called AncientOrigins and myOrigins) or a chromosome browser.

You can get the ancestry composition and a chromosome browser if you pay $19. If you want those features, plus more distant matches, you have the option to order Family Finder for $59 (regular price, $79). FTDNA will send you a test kit and then you would mail it back with your DNA sample.
Old 18th May 2017, 02:18 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMaddi View Post
Uploads of raw data from 23andMe and AncestryDNA only give you your closest matches. You won't get more distant matches (4th-remote and 5th-remote cousins), ancestry composition (called AncientOrigins and myOrigins) or a chromosome browser.

You can get the ancestry composition and a chromosome browser if you pay $19. If you want those features, plus more distant matches, you have the option to order Family Finder for $59 (regular price, $79). FTDNA will send you a test kit and then you would mail it back with your DNA sample.
Crap!

Thanks for the input.