• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoberlyDrake
    mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172
    • May 2010

Dating of New Matches

Why can't FTDNA use as a match date, the date they actually add the new matches to your match list?

We now apparently have new matches due to the transfers going through but we can't find them by sorting by match date! This has happened on other occasions when FTDNA made a change of some sort. We ought to have a simple way to find the new matches.
  • auntyheather
    FTDNA Customer
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    Why can't FTDNA use as a match date, the date they actually add the new matches to your match list?

We now apparently have new matches due to the transfers going through but we can't find them by sorting by match date! This has happened on other occasions when FTDNA made a change of some sort. We ought to have a simple way to find the new matches.
    I thought it might just be a glitch in the system when I got notice of a new Y match and found they had also tested on Family Finder once I had to individually look to page 960 when I found him, next time when he still didn't show up I though I will go through matches 25 names at a time would you believe it more matches must have been added and he was somewhere totally different again. Sometimes I can find this reluctant ancestor and catch them when I look at the chromosome matching page not by name but going through alphabetically page by page. Sometimes I find if a match I have is on the very top line of a page and you hit in common with they don't match with anyone but if you search in a different way and they are further down the page there is
    no problem. They show up so it does pay to try other ways of doing your matching if the first attempt doesn't work in the way you think it should. For some reason some people just seem very difficult to interact with.

Comment

• high734
      FTDNA Customer
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post

I completely agree, I manage 6 kits and they each received between 25 and 200 new matches yesterday. I went to sort by date and nothing new! It was a pain to finally determine that they are in there based on their upload date. Some of mine only did the teaser way back and now they are showing with a match date of my results. Should be the day they are added.

Comment

Working...
      X