Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Basics

Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Basics This is an area for those who are new to DNA testing for genealogy can ask about Y-DNA STR based tests and their test results. All may view this forum, but you must register and sign in to post.

Old 8th July 2018, 09:06 PM
FTDNA Customer

I do not know if my kit has arrived

My order arrived at the company 3 days ago and so far I have not received anything about it. Is this normal? Or should I communicate with them about this. Also how do I know the expected duration of my results
Old 9th July 2018, 06:44 AM
R-BY39877

Sign into your kit. In the left hand column click on "Complete Order History". Above the dark bar click on "Check on the status of pending tests".

If your kit hasn't been batched yet you may not have the second link.

The last I knew kits were batched on Wednesday and Monday so it may not be batched until later today.

By "expected duration" if you are asking how long will it take to get your results, it will depend on the test(s) you ordered. 6 to 8 weeks is a good average. Some test take less time others take more. This also assumes the lab doesn't have a problem with your sample.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:05 PM
FTDNA Customer

Also - you say "My order arrived at the company 3 days ago" - BUT that may be when the Houston Post Office put it in the bag for FTDNA to pick up - and sometimes it takes a while for FTDNA to pick up the bag. So look on order history, but do not panic if it still says "Pending" for when it was received.

(On the other hand - if it still shows the kit was not received more than 10 days after the post office says it was delivered, you might want to contact FTDNA just to make sure nothing actually went wrong.)
Old 11th July 2018, 08:13 PM
FTDNA Customer

Thank you so much, they sent me a notice that my shipment arrived and they let me know when the results would be expected.

Finally, when I buy a family finder, how long does it take?And is it starting on Monday?