Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Advanced

Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Advanced Users can talk about SNP based tests such as single SNP testing by Sanger sequencing, Geno 2.0 chip based testing, and next-generation sequencing tests like BIG Y.

Old 7th November 2017, 07:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

Delays?

Is everyone else seeing the expected date slip every other week?

I ordered "R1b - L513xS5668xS6365 SNP Pack" on Sept 8 with an ETA of 4 weeks. Then after the deadline passed the expected date slipped, then slipped again. Two days ago the expected date was today. Today the most recent expected date is 11/20/2017 - 12/04/2017. Frustrating!

Are these tests being de-prioritized in favor of other work? Or is there a technical problem?

Peter
Old 7th November 2017, 11:30 PM
FTDNA Customer

The deadline dates will automatically change to the next one if the results are not posted. They are not manually set. As for why the delay with SNP pack results, it could be related to the Big Y upgrade that FTDNA is rolling out. It is possible it is affecting all SNP related tests.

At any rate, I suggest you have your address up to date in your kit. It could be that the delay is related to quality controls. In which case they may need a new sample if the test is failing or has used up the sample. They don't notify you when they send out a new collection kit. They just use the address on the kit.
Old 16th November 2017, 03:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

Yep got a delay here too (I think I've logged in a few times every day in anticipation - taking into consideration the time in Texas too).

Ordered the 'J2 - M67 & L24 SNP Pack' on 28 Sept and it's still pending (expected between 27 Nov - 11 Dec). That's really poor form in my view. I was going to order the Family Finder too (feeling like a 'cash cow' that's being milked...) but going to hold out as the turnaround time leaves a lot to be desired.

And I've checked my address details and they are up to date.
Old 16th November 2017, 07:23 AM
FTDNA Customer

Exclamation That Sounds Like a Plan - NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
I was going to order the Family Finder too (feeling like a 'cash cow' that's being milked...) but going to hold out as the turnaround time leaves a lot to be desired.
Family Finder is on sale for $30 off. Add to that a $5 or $10 coupon. Passing up that savings will hurt you a lot more than it will hurt FTDNA!
Old 16th November 2017, 04:11 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
Family Finder is on sale for $30 off. Add to that a $5 or $10 coupon. T Passing up that savings will hurt you a lot more than it will hurt FTDNA!
I'm a sucker (hope it's not genetic) and bought it immediately after my post

As you say, it was a good deal (I almost bought it when it was $20 off a week or so ago).

Last edited by Hakan; 16th November 2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 16th November 2017, 04:15 PM
FTDNA Customer

For what it is worth, the delays appear to be related to the Big Y update they are going through. Other tests that don't have anything to do with SNPs are not affected.