Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 19th June 2018, 11:02 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post
My reply was to the message from oma04.

As for your message I thought that Autosomal DNA was DNA. Maybe you meant "with no Y-DNA results".

If you accepted these people at WFT, why wouldn't you accept them at FTDNA if their results is from FTDNA test(s)?
When the project was at WFT and run by Terry Barton because the admin died and no one took over. The project was set to accept anyone that clicked the join button. All of the projects that were being cared for by WFT were set up that way. They did not have time to respond to join requests for the thousands of projects they were managing. I did not accept them. No one vetted them in order to determine if they belonged in the project or not.

For your information, there is a way for people to join a project even though they have no DNA results attached to their kit. They order a transfer kit, but never actually transfer DNA results from anywhere. They have a kit number, but no DNA results. I have a few of these in my 200 member project. Those are the ones I am planning to remove first.
Old 20th June 2018, 06:41 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHolt-Galvin View Post
For your information, there is a way for people to join a project even though they have no DNA results attached to their kit. They order a transfer kit, but never actually transfer DNA results from anywhere. They have a kit number, but no DNA results. I have a few of these in my 200 member project. Those are the ones I am planning to remove first.
For your information, when a person transfers a kit from 23andMe or Ancestry they do transfer DNA results. They transfer their autosomal DNA data!

One more time. When you say, "but no DNA results" do you really mean no Y-DNA results?
Old 20th June 2018, 11:43 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barrett View Post

For your information, when a person transfers a kit from 23andMe or Ancestry they do transfer DNA results. They transfer their autosomal DNA data!

One more time. When you say, "but no DNA results" do you really mean no Y-DNA results?
Before the new privacy rules went into effect, I could click through to these accounts and could see that they ordered a transfer kit so they could get a kit number, but NEVER actually transferred their DNA results from anywhere. When someone orders a transfer kit, they never have to actually complete the transfer of their DNA results, so they have no DNA results attached to their kit number. NO yDNA. NO autosomal DNA, NO mitochrondial DNA. NO DNA test results of ANY kind.

I have about five people who have done that. One person explained that they did it because their father was in the project and they wanted to be able to access the results pages and get bulk emails about the project.