Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA Success Stories

DNA Success Stories How DNA helped solve a family brick wall. We encourage you to publish your story here. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21st June 2012, 11:54 AM
RichardH RichardH is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 50
How I Finally Identified the Right Birth Father

In 2009 the Wall Street Journal summarized my birth parent search, including my use of DNA tests, in a front-page article. That article is still online...but now I know it has the WRONG ENDING.

A few months ago I happened to test some of my new paternal-side relatives on Family Finder and another SNP-based autosomal DNA test. Shockingly, I learned that the old-technology DNA sibling test I had used in 2007 had pointed to the wrong man as my birth father. I just updated my web page on the WSJ article to explain the new conclusion.

http://www.dna-testing-adviser.com/B...ly-Search.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21st June 2012, 09:22 PM
econnore econnore is offline
mtDNA: H1ak
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 208
Any plans to publish a Kindle version of your book?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:03 AM
RichardH RichardH is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by econnore View Post
Any plans to publish a Kindle version of your book?
Yes. The print version is being formatted now. After that comes out, I will work on getting a Kindle version done. Thanks for asking.

Richard
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th June 2012, 06:53 PM
slwr slwr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
Yes. The print version is being formatted now. After that comes out, I will work on getting a Kindle version done. Thanks for asking.

Richard
Richard, can you tell me, was there a happy ending? I'm not going to try reading a whole book online to find out....my eyes can't take it
Not trying to pry...I'm interested !

I have an adopted daughter who's father will not acknowledge her, or his wife won't !

She met her birth mother & that side of the family,because I knew where they lived and her name (private adoption in 1970) Shar
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 6th July 2012, 10:51 AM
RichardH RichardH is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slwr View Post
Richard, can you tell me, was there a happy ending? I'm not going to try reading a whole book online to find out....my eyes can't take it
Not trying to pry...I'm interested !

I have an adopted daughter who's father will not acknowledge her, or his wife won't !

She met her birth mother & that side of the family,because I knew where they lived and her name (private adoption in 1970) Shar
Yes, Shar, the book has a happy ending. Getting there was a real roller-coaster ride over three decades. But it was well worth the time and money invested.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 6th July 2012, 11:30 AM
Earl Davis Earl Davis is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Staffordshire, England
Posts: 493
Hi Richard. So pleased that you got a good result in the end.

Earl.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Family Tree DNA - World Headquarters

1445 North Loop West, Suite 820
Houston, Texas 77008, USA

Phone: (713) 868-1438 | Fax: (832) 201-7147
Copyright 2001-2010 Genealogy by Genetics, Ltd.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.