Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > General Interest > DNA Success Stories

DNA Success Stories How DNA helped solve a family brick wall. We encourage you to publish your story here. This board is open to customers and visitors.

Old 28th August 2012, 11:11 AM
FTDNA Customer

Finding Family: My Search for Roots and the Secrets in My DNA

The new book telling my entire adoption search story, including my use of five different DNA tests, is now available in paperback on Amazon.com. The eBook versions will be available later. http://amzn.to/PFpXzS
Old 27th November 2012, 04:52 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
The new book telling my entire adoption search story, including my use of five different DNA tests, is now available in paperback on Amazon.com. The eBook versions will be available later. http://amzn.to/PFpXzS
Congratulations, Dick, I bought the book a few weeks ago and it is excellent! I loved it. I was adopted also and have no information about paternal or maternal sides, but a Y-DNA test here in FTDNA gave me a surname and a very large and elusive family to poke around in. I have had some limited success building a framework with some of my FamilyFinder matches around a section of this Y-DNA family tree.

I could identify with the way even the smallest clue can get blown way out of proportion by an adoptee, only to be dashed against the rocks of reality later on. We sure have our ups and downs, don't we? I can understand how being raised as an only child made you that much more eager to build relationships with your biological half siblings.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story and good luck with the sales!

Todd
Old 28th November 2012, 09:10 AM
FTDNA Customer

Todd,

Thank you for the positive feedback on my book. If you get a chance, please post a review on Amazon.com or GoodReads.

Good luck with your search. For tips and assistance on what to do with your DNA results, join the AdoptionDNA group on Yahoo.

Dick