Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced

Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced Users can exchange information here on Y-DNA testing, results, and questions.

Old 15th July 2012, 08:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

Any other "True P312" folks out there?

Curious to see who all out there has tested negative fer all the clades beneath R1b1a2a1a1b.

My lineage originated in the old West Riding of Yorkshire (now part of South Yorkshire) afore movin' into the East Riding (final area of English residency afore comin' to Dixie).

My results:

P312+

DF27 -
DF19 -
U152 -
L21 -
L238 -

I was informed in the R-P312 Yahoo group that Z245 and L459 may be something worth testing fer even though they are "approximately L21" it may be that they are just afore or after L21. Enough positive or negative results from "true P312ers" could be useful in finding the final order of L459 or Z245.

I currently have a test in progress fer L459.

Last edited by Barreldriver; 15th July 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:04 AM
FTDNA Customer

I am so far but I have only taken the basic Deep Clade at this point.

Earl.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:26 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Davis View Post
I am so far but I have only taken the basic Deep Clade at this point.
At 26 SNPs, that was some deep clade they ran for you!
Old 16th July 2012, 10:43 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc View Post
At 26 SNPs, that was some deep clade they ran for you!
LOL. I suppose it is really. It did take months to run at the time.

Earl.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:47 PM

True P312

I too am a true p312 so far with deep clade testing. FTDNA saids that there are no up grades available. Any suggestions on what might be a good next step?
I did the ff and was told that I am 95% W.European(french) and 5% east asian.
I just ordered the full mtdna testing.

Mike
Old 17th July 2012, 03:56 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
I too am a true p312 so far with deep clade testing. FTDNA saids that there are no up grades available. Any suggestions on what might be a good next step?

Mike
Under advanced orders one could test for the Y-DNA SNPs L238, DF27 or DF19 (not sure if they're included in the new Deep Clade, they weren't in mine but I tested Deep Clade a long time ago, so I have to test fer new clades independently).
Old 17th July 2012, 05:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post

Mike
The P312 project is pretty active and you should get good ongoing test strategy guidance from its administrators:

https://my.familytreedna.com/group-j..._and_Subclades
Old 18th July 2012, 12:09 AM
FTDNA Customer

[QUOTE=Barreldriver;344246]Curious to see who all out there has tested negative fer all the clades beneath R1b1a2a1a1b.

P312+
DF27 -
DF19 -
U152 -
L21 -
L238 -

I was informed in the R-P312 Yahoo group that Z245 and L459 may be something worth testing (QUOTE)

Hello Barreldriver,
I have the same results as you, (as listed above). I gather there are seven of us who match that data. I have Z245 & L459 on order.
My Armstrong surname first appeared in north Cumbria in 1223 & is solidly Anglo-Scottish borders. I noticed that the names Williams & Jones also follow the above pattern, so some obvious Welsh connections there. MacFarlane is a Scottish name found in the group, & that may be from the ancient Kingdom of Strathclyde.
I imagine, based on extremely flimsy evidence, that we may be of Brythonic Celt stock. I say that as Wales, Cumbria & Strathclyde (Ystrad Clud) were Brythonic strongholds. Many show the Kingdom of Strathclyde stopping short of the Clyde, while others say it held power as far north as the Moray Firth.
I have other reasons for thinking of a Brythonic ancestry for our group, but space doesn't permit too much detail.
Cheers,
Bob
Old 19th July 2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barreldriver View Post
I was informed in the R-P312 Yahoo group that Z245 and L459 may be something worth testing fer even though they are "approximately L21" it may be that they are just afore or after L21. Enough positive or negative results from "true P312ers" could be useful in finding the final order of L459 or Z245.

I currently have a test in progress fer L459.
Hi Barreldriver,

Good to see R-P312* people testing for L459. We have not had much luck with it below R-L21, but as DF13 was discovered, we realized that most of our L459 (and Z245) tests were redundant. We currently have only one kit that is L21** and has tested for L459 and Z245. Both being positive.

-Kai
Old 19th July 2012, 09:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

[QUOTE=bob armstrong;344325]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barreldriver View Post
Curious to see who all out there has tested negative fer all the clades beneath R1b1a2a1a1b.

P312+
DF27 -
DF19 -
U152 -
L21 -
L238 -

I was informed in the R-P312 Yahoo group that Z245 and L459 may be something worth testing (QUOTE)

Hello Barreldriver,
I have the same results as you, (as listed above). I gather there are seven of us who match that data. I have Z245 & L459 on order.
My Armstrong surname first appeared in north Cumbria in 1223 & is solidly Anglo-Scottish borders. I noticed that the names Williams & Jones also follow the above pattern, so some obvious Welsh connections there. MacFarlane is a Scottish name found in the group, & that may be from the ancient Kingdom of Strathclyde.
I imagine, based on extremely flimsy evidence, that we may be of Brythonic Celt stock. I say that as Wales, Cumbria & Strathclyde (Ystrad Clud) were Brythonic strongholds. Many show the Kingdom of Strathclyde stopping short of the Clyde, while others say it held power as far north as the Moray Firth.
I have other reasons for thinking of a Brythonic ancestry for our group, but space doesn't permit too much detail.
Cheers,
Bob
Aye, I think the same about Brythonic origins considering me closest Y-STR match 31 of 37 markers is Welsh. Where me family originated in S. Yorkshire is where the Battle of Hatfield Chase took place so aside from the Brigantes there was actual Welsh armies in the area. Reckon me past interests in learnin' Welsh make a bit of sense now, ain't fluent yet but studyin'.

Last edited by Barreldriver; 19th July 2012 at 10:11 AM.