Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 16th July 2018, 11:31 PM
FTDNA Customer

FTDNA New Matches Not Processing

Strange. I have not received one match on any of my three FTDNA kits for 5-6 weeks. (I usually receive 1 per week per kit.)

Not sure if this is an impact of different privacy rules. Maybe it's a random coincidence. Thoughts?
Old 16th July 2018, 11:42 PM
FTDNA Customer

I had one match on July 16th, first one in 8 days.

My brother had two matches on July 16th, first ones in 13 days.

Summer slowdown or ???
Old 17th July 2018, 08:20 AM
R-BY39877

I have 17 matches total for July 16 & 17.
Old 18th July 2018, 07:41 PM
FTDNA Customer

Confirmed with FTDNA that they are working through their pipeline management process on their servers, which is contributing to the delays. They will have it resolved next week.

Also, they mentioned that due to new privacy default settings, new matches will NOT appear if people don't opt in when they join. Interesting and unfortunate.
Old 19th July 2018, 07:47 AM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Quote:
Originally Posted by carski View Post
Confirmed with FTDNA that they are working through their pipeline management process on their servers, which is contributing to the delays. They will have it resolved next week.

Also, they mentioned that due to new privacy default settings, new matches will NOT appear if people don't opt in when they join. Interesting and unfortunate.
The situation of matches not appearing when they haven't opted in (meaning, they have not signed the Release Form) is something FTDNA has done well before the new privacy settings came into effect, so it's not a new thing. Perhaps they're just being extra diligent about it now, and making sure no unsigned Release forms slip past them.
Old 14th August 2018, 10:31 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATM View Post
The situation of matches not appearing when they haven't opted in (meaning, they have not signed the Release Form) is something FTDNA has done well before the new privacy settings came into effect, so it's not a new thing. Perhaps they're just being extra diligent about it now, and making sure no unsigned Release forms slip past them.
This is different and beyond the release form. The change is in response to the GDPR compliance standards put in place and redefining their default settings.