Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Geographic Project Forums > Scandinavian Y-DNA forum

Scandinavian Y-DNA forum Scandinavian Y-DNA project forum

Old 4th November 2017, 07:33 AM
FTDNA Customer

Scandinavian

My male line, Soderlunds comes from Matfors and Langby area of Sweden. Other names, LAx, Bolin..Matfors area. My mom, british traced her mDNA back to West Kirby.Rathbone..lots of Viking influence there, as well as her dad's Stockings from Suffolk (Danelaw country) I would love to trace all this even more....name such as Merrill, Stocking, Ives, ford, grinnell, Griffin, Borden, Treat, Standish, Yale, Perkins, Spence, Thompson, Harrison, on and on.....
Old 6th November 2017, 01:20 PM
FTDNA Customer

soderlundlaxives,

Welcome to the FTDNA discussion forum. This forum is mainly for discussions on DNA test results and possible genealogical conclusion based on these results.
Before any of the forum participants can help you find hypothetical Scandinavian ancestry you need to take one, or more, DNA tests and share the results with us.

The FTDNA website has many pages of description of which test is most appropriate for your specific requirement. Another site is https://dna-explained.com/2017/04/24...-test-is-best/

Good luck in you hunt for your Scandinavian ancestors.