Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA) > BIG Y and SNP Discovery

BIG Y and SNP Discovery This area is for talk about BIG Y results.

Old 28th March 2018, 12:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbeach View Post
My question is when will BAM become available?

I have recently gotten my Big Y results and have tried to get the BAM link so as to be able to do additional research outside of the FTDNA. Pretty disappointing that after spending the BIG Dollars to get the Big Y (in addtion to the big dollars that I originally spent to get the YDNA-111) that it is no longer provided (for whatever the reason).

I can only suspect that FTDNA is holding back for marketing wanting to sell us more and more SNPs.

BTW, I have purchased for myself: YDA-111, Big Y; mtFullSequence and Family Finder as separate packages over the past several years. I have also purchased recently Family Finders for two 1st cousins and a YDNA 111 for one and a mtFullSequence for the other.

This type of stuff really frustrates me.
FTDNA is promising that VCF and BAM will be available, just there is no ETA.

Mr. W.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:20 AM
BetAdams

YFull will accept the new VCF file and place you in the YFull tree (on receipt of the fee!) and when the BAM file is available and sent, a free update.
Old 21st April 2018, 06:52 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betadams View Post
YFull will accept the new VCF file and place you in the YFull tree (on receipt of the fee!) and when the BAM file is available and sent, a free update.
I paid for Big Y and also to have an idea where I am compared to others and about what I have in commun, this is the point of the match list and Y-DNA. I was pleased by the results given before. Since they changed I have stricly no information and I have the bad feeling that FTDNA don't fullfill the contract.
Old 21st April 2018, 11:21 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betadams View Post
But YFull is not free. I still don't understand why FTDNA don't give us any match to compate with for BugY?
Old 21st April 2018, 12:32 PM
FTDNA Customer

What if you do not have matches?

Both in Big Y and with STR matching I can see only my family I had asked to test, since I wanted to confirm my results (and yes, they have the same Y-DNA67 and the terminal SNP).

If they did not test, I would have no matches!

Mr. W.