Gone from R-M269 in green (positive) to R-M269 in brown (presumed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzylamb
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2014

Gone from R-M269 in green (positive) to R-M269 in brown (presumed)

I had ordered the Y-DNA111 test back in February ( my brothers DNA)the result was R-M269 in green. I have just looked on my Y-DNA Haplotree and it is now R-M269 in brown which is now a presumed result.....can someone explain what has happened? I have paid all this money out just for a "presumed" result ? I could have just got a "presumed" just by saying where I live and where my ggggg grandfather was born lol I hope this hasnt been changed to brown to incourage me to pay out for the Big Y ! Cynical side of me sorry Hope this isn't the case though.....if someone could explain I'd be grateful....thankyou
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dizzylamb View Post
    I had ordered the Y-DNA111 test back in February ( my brothers DNA)the result was R-M269 in green. I have just looked on my Y-DNA Haplotree and it is now R-M269 in brown which is now a presumed result.....can someone explain what has happened? I have paid all this money out just for a "presumed" result ? I could have just got a "presumed" just by saying where I live and where my ggggg grandfather was born lol I hope this hasnt been changed to brown to incourage me to pay out for the Big Y ! Cynical side of me sorry Hope this isn't the case though.....if someone could explain I'd be grateful....thankyou
    Have you any matches at 67 or 111 markers? On my son's haplotree page his SNPs are all brown except for the green terminal one. I know from his Geno2 test results that he is positive for all the "presumed" results.

Comment

• dizzylamb
      FTDNA Customer
      • May 2014

All are in brown ...no green now what so ever

Comment

• dna
        FTDNA Customer
        • Aug 2014

I had ordered the Y-DNA111 test back in February ( my brothers DNA)the result was R-M269 in green. I have just looked on my Y-DNA Haplotree and it is now R-M269 in brown which is now a presumed result.....can someone explain what has happened? I have paid all this money out just for a "presumed" result ?
        Y-DNA111 is an STR test, while the haplogroups (like R-M269) are determined by SNPs. When testing STRs one can only presume (guess) what SNPs are.

I could have just got a "presumed" just by saying where I live and where my ggggg grandfather was born lol
        No, you could not. If it were like that, nobody would be testing DNA for genealogy. Armed with location and ethnicity information about all of your ggggg grandparents, you might get close to myOrigins results, and nothing more.

I cannot explain why you had your result in green at some point in time.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

• Parameswara
          FTDNA Customer
          • Feb 2014

Y-111 is STR test, not SNP. So it's normal you get the brown.

Comment

• prairielad
            FTDNA Customer
            • Feb 2011

check you Order History section (click on Complete Order History)

The only way to not have a predicted Haplogroup is if your order history shows you ordering a SNP test(which would have to be positive, this result will be shown on your Haplotree and SNP page) or it shows that FTDNA did a Backbone test.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by prairielad; 11 June 2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• dizzylamb
              FTDNA Customer
              • May 2014

Thanks everyone for your replies...appreciate it ....I am very new to all this
              I had payed for the Y-DNA 111..... test was completed on 02/25/2015 almost 4 months ago...the results showed green....I go on here frequently....
              On the Haplotree and SNP page....going down the page the line was green with the R-M269 being green too.....I did not have any blue "add" buttons above that green line which is now brown.....I see I have three "adds" to buy...........which is a total of $117.00.......... now if I do pay for these are I then going to become a tested positive or still remain presumed. I was definately tested positive ( green ) four months ago.....
              these are the 3 tests they now want me to buy.......I would have thought they would have been tested within the Y-DNA111 test.

R-L176, R-PF4354, and all these on the R-M269 brown line.....
              Sorry haven't seperated the numbers ...
              CTS12478PF6500PF6507PF6509PF6520PF6494PF6495PF6469 PF6470PF6477PF6479PF6404PF6409PF6411CTS623PF6425PF 6430PF6432PF6434PF6438PF6443CTS2664CTS3575PF6265CT S10834YSC0000194YSC0000225YSC0000294s10s3YSC000020 3YSC0000213YSC0000219F1794CTS8728

Comment

• Armando
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jun 2009

Don't purchase anything yet unless you are willing to get the BigY test. There is a 15% off coupon code jam15p that you can use when you make your purchase. It is good until June 21, 2015 for orders over $98.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

You need to have a project admin look at your STR values to see what you should test for or you can share your Ysearch.org and/or FTDNA kit numbers with us.

Have you joined the R1b Gateway project at https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background

Do you have any close matches at 37, 67, or 111 markers that have had SNP testing?

Comment

• randym
                  R-M269 Y111 K1a4a1a-T195C!
                  • Nov 2014

hey diz

i just done the three snps that you where offered my results came back today R-M269+ now so i hope this helps you it said would be 2-20 of sept but came back today

Comment

Working...
                  X