7/6/2016 - 7/20/2016

No change in due dates - same batch number - for
    YDNA 111 and mitoChrondrial Full Sequence With Coding
    7/13/2016 - 7/27/2016

Comment

• melmoth
      FTDNA Customer
      • Aug 2014

Yet once more it's confirmed that realism and pessimism are the same thing, especially when dealing with FTDNA. For the last 24 hours, I've been clicking on 'Awaiting Results' with increasing frequency, filled with morbid curiosity to know exactly at what point my mtDNA results from batch 674 would be recognised as delayed yet again. That point was just now. July 6-20, they're saying, and they even have the rosy-tinted optimism to specify 2016. Two weeks from today, I will again be checking back frequently, but not in the expectation of results; oh, no... I'll just need another booster shot to reinforce my cynicism. I suppose, someday, the results will come, and I'll be vaguely disappointed, because twiddling my thumbs and waiting is, quixotically, a more reliable time-waster than genealogy.

Comment

• maureen1900
        FTDNA Customer
        • Apr 2016

I am not surprised that my father's tests are delayed. He is an avid tobacco chewer, so they may be having problems with his tests. We cleaned his mouth the night before, took all tobacco away and then did the cheek swabs at 7:00 the next morning as soon as he woke up - nothing to eat or drink all night. But, still, I saw a little bit of brown on one of the swabs. I sure hope they are able to accurately do his tests. He is 91 years old and in poor health - we never know how long we will have him. But I do want the tests to be accurate because we may not have a chance to do more cheek swabs on him. So I will just be patient - in my case I think the lab is probably dealing with a lot.

Comment

• Russ
          FTDNA Customer
          • May 2016

Originally posted by maureen1900 View Post
          Batch 678 FF for my father delayed. New dates due are:
          7/6/2016 - 7/20/2016
          Yup, same with autosomal 676. This is the second delay, the kit shows received by lab 05/09/2016.

Comment

• sweetz34
            FTDNA Customer
            • Feb 2006

Still waiting for my son's FF batch #674 pushed to 06/29/2016 - 07/13/2016 this is a retest his original test was in 2005 and they needed more dna.
            also fyi
            I had my mother's dna retested for a FF her original was in 2008 luckily they did not need additional dna since she has since passed away and I received her FF batch # 674

I also had my Aunt's FF completed and the dna was obtained after she passed away at the funeral home.

Comment

• loisrp
              FTDNA Customer
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by jcantore View Post
              Batch 677. My Origins in. Able to download data! Yippee!
              Lucky! Still waiting on my mother's Batch 677.

Comment

• CTCoons
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by melmoth View Post
                Yet once more it's confirmed that realism and pessimism are the same thing, especially when dealing with FTDNA. For the last 24 hours, I've been clicking on 'Awaiting Results' with increasing frequency, filled with morbid curiosity to know exactly at what point my mtDNA results from batch 674 would be recognised as delayed yet again. That point was just now. July 6-20, they're saying, and they even have the rosy-tinted optimism to specify 2016. Two weeks from today, I will again be checking back frequently, but not in the expectation of results; oh, no... I'll just need another booster shot to reinforce my cynicism. I suppose, someday, the results will come, and I'll be vaguely disappointed, because twiddling my thumbs and waiting is, quixotically, a more reliable time-waster than genealogy.
                Hey, come on over to this table, and we can drown our sorrows in root beer and stale peanuts.
                My Big Y got delayed, too.
                We have a family thing going on over the 4th of July - I'd wanted to have news to present to them. I do - just not positive news. Yet.

But I await results. For now, let's have a rousing chorus of "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag" and buy a round for the house.

Comment

• maureen1900
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Apr 2016

Came in today - Batch 678:
                  Father's mitoChondrial Full Sequence with Coding Region

It was not due until 7/13 - 7/27, so I am very happy.

Still waiting on YDNA-111, Batch 678
                  due 7/13 - 7/27

Still waiting on Family Finder, Batch 678, which has been delayed and now due 7/6 - 7/20.

Comment

• CTCoons
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Jun 2006

Congratulations! May they result in many happy re-discoveries.

Any day now, 674, any day now...

Comment

• pnrbma
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Jun 2016

received results today!!! they were batch 679

Comment

• loisrp
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Mar 2016

My mother's Batch 677 FamilyFinder has been delayed again! Now it's July 13-27. This is a full month after the original estimate. It arrived in early May.

Comment

• maureen1900
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Apr 2016

Y-DNA 111, Batch 678, came in tonight at 7:10 p.m. Came in almost two weeks early.

Come on Family Finder, also Batch 678 - still waiting on this one, which has been delayed.

Comment

• Russ
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • May 2016

And Batch 676 FF has been delayed *again*. I think this is the third delay, so 6 weeks after the initial estimate. It is now showing 7/20/2016-8/3/2016. The kit was received by the lab on 5/9/2016.

Comment

• maureen1900
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Apr 2016

Family Finder, Batch 678 delayed a second time. Now due:
                              7/20/2016 - 8/3/2016.

Comment

• Russ
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • May 2016

FF Batch 676 completed!

Comment

Working...
                                X