Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 10th August 2018, 12:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

Cannot Find One To Many Matches Anymore

After my Y-37 results I now have two accounts. I can still log into the original autosomal kit site, but page is the same as the Y-DNA page. How can I load the page with the One-to-many-matches, etc. again.
Old 10th August 2018, 01:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

If both accounts are for the same person contact ftdna and ask them to merge accounts into one.

FYI - When ordering tests use the upgrade button ,if order new test for someone already in ftdna database, after logging into account, this keeps all results under one account.

You can either open a request or phone them directly
https://www.familytreedna.com/contact
Old 10th August 2018, 01:56 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

When you say you now have two accounts, do you mean you have two different kit numbers and have to log in separately to see either your Family Finder or your Y-DNA results? If so, you need to contact FTDNA and ask them to combine the accounts into one. Use the link for "Customer Support" at the top right of these forum pages. Then, go to the "Support" heading, and either click on "Open a Request" to submit a support request form, OR use the phone number and hours shown to call phone support. If you phone, have your two different kit numbers ready to give to the customer service person.

You have two accounts because when you ordered your Y-37 test, you were not logged into your existing account. The order process then automatically gave you a new kit number and password, since you appeared to be a new customer.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say
Quote:
"I can still log into the original autosomal kit site, but page is the same as the Y-DNA page."
Perhaps you mean that the first page you see after logging in (now apparently called the "Home" page, but previously called the "Dashboard" page) appears the same in both accounts. These would look similar, but if you indeed have two accounts, then one would show that you have only Family Finder results, and the other would show that you have only Y-DNA results.

When you mention "One-to-many-matches," that is a specific term used at GEDmatch to show your full list of matches (they also have a "One-to-One" matching feature). These terms are not used for Family Finder matching at FTDNA. Family Finder simply calls your list of matches "Family Finder - Matches." You can do a one-to-one comparison with a match at FTDNA by using the Chromosome Browser.
Old 10th August 2018, 02:01 PM
FTDNA Customer

Autosomal Kit is from Myheritage test

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairielad View Post
If both accounts are for the same person contact ftdna and ask them to merge accounts into one.

FYI - When ordering tests use the upgrade button ,if order new test for someone already in ftdna database, after logging into account, this keeps all results under one account.

You can either open a request or phone them directly
https://www.familytreedna.com/contact
I just need to find the one-to-many matches - how can I do thatÉ
Old 10th August 2018, 05:58 PM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster73 View Post
I just need to find the one-to-many matches - how can I do thatÉ
As I posted above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATM View Post
When you mention "One-to-many-matches," that is a specific term used at GEDmatch to show your full list of matches (they also have a "One-to-One" matching feature). These terms are not used for Family Finder matching at FTDNA. Family Finder simply calls your list of matches "Family Finder - Matches." You can do a one-to-one comparison with a match at FTDNA by using the Chromosome Browser.
So, the list of matches you see in Family Finder is equivalent to the "One to Many" list of matches at GEDmatch.com. "YOU" are the "One," and your Family Finder Matches list is the "Many."

Whether or not your autosomal kit (Family Finder) was a transfer from MyHeritage, it makes no difference. And MyHeritage does not call their DNA match list "One-to-many"; to my knowledge, only GEDmatch uses that term.

You receive about the same information about your autosomal matches from both FTDNA and GEDmatch, and MyHeritage for that matter. It is only formatted differently at the different places. FTDNA has a page in the Learning Center, "Family Finder - Matches Page," which explains what the different functions are.

Last edited by KATM; 10th August 2018 at 06:09 PM.