• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Contemplator
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2015

darroll and mtDNA

Hello darroll. Given that you clearly think mtDNA tests are better than the rest for finding relatives, I would like to ask you a few questions about. I made this new thread so that we don't make that other thread go off topic.

You have stated that mtDNA has helped you find an uncle and cousin. Did you know about them (the uncle and cousin) before the test? You said you took every DNA test, but did they take the Family Finder test?
  • darroll
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
    Hello darroll. Given that you clearly think mtDNA tests are better than the rest for finding relatives, I would like to ask you a few questions about. I made this new thread so that we don't make that other thread go off topic.

You have stated that mtDNA has helped you find an uncle and cousin. Did you know about them (the uncle and cousin) before the test? You said you took every DNA test, but did they take the Family Finder test?
    My Uncle was lost his/our whole life. See earlier posts. As far as I know he only did the MTDNA tests, we had a perfect match.
    My (also discussed this earlier)cousin had a girlfriend that I knew with a rare name in a small town. I got an exact MTDNA match a few month's ago. The guy posted last names (his Mom) and the rare name came up. I gave the guy my cousins name. He is deceased. He never had a DNA test that I know of. We do share the same grandmother. I ruled out myself as being his father as I was in Vietnam during this time.

Comment

Working...
    X