X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitkeen
    • Apr 2003

mtDNA no matches

One of our surname project members did a 25 marker mtDNA test in addition to the Y test. His HVR1 haplogroup is U5a1. What does that signify? Can you tell me a little about that Haplogroup? Also he had no matches at all in the anonymous search, even at 3 or 4 mutations and even at the 25 marker level. Is this odd? Does he have a very rare profile? I am sure he will ask me what this signifies, and I need to be able to give him a sensible and comprehensible explanation. There is not even an explanation of the haplogroup.

On his Y-DNA he fits 12/12 into one of the well-researched male lines. He is a probable R1b for the Y, which is consistent with the family history of the male line.
  • whitkeen
    • Apr 2003

MAX. Can you give me some explanation for these results It is kit 11533. If you need the code, I will send it by private message, as I don't think it appropriate to post. It would appear that the second 13 markers don't deviate from the norm, whatever that is, at least no mutations are listed, but it also doesn't say that is matches the Cambridge numbers. You can send me a private message about this particular kit, but I think the group would be intersted in the haplogroup, and dealing with a unique profile which this apparently is.

Comment

• johnraciti

Nordic, The Normans...

Comment

U5 haplo

One of my group has a U5b mtDNA haplotype with no matches, either. Another Has an H* with 1720 lo rez matches and no hirez.

Comment

• johnraciti

U5a1 - U5a1a

Both my wife and I are U5a1a.

Comment

• fmoakes
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by johnraciti
            Both my wife and I are U5a1a.
            I trust this is not one of those Red Neck jokes about a family tree with no branches:-)

Comment

Working...
            X