Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-doing ancestry by dna test

Hi
    I was wondering if dna print will re-do a test.
    Resently I found some interesting info in my family
    tree.
    my great-grandfather married a full-blood mayan
    in Mexico.
    Also recently discovered my grandmother was 1/2 cherokee.
    My ABDNA said 12% possibly up to 20%
    They said could just be statistical noise.
    I would appreciate any input.
  • tomcat
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2005

They would retest you at the cost of another test, if you like. Although I am certain they would assure you of the accuracy of the first test and predict the results of the second would be no different. Did you have any/many failed markers?

However, your recently discovered fractional Native ancestry does not add-up to your approximate 12% Native American result. Your have 1/8 NA at the GGP generation that descends to you as 1/64, and you have 1/8 NA at the GP generation that descends to you as 1/32 giving you a combined 3/64 on paper.

Seems to me, tracking down the missing Native ancestry evidenced by your test result would the more productive use of genealogical dollars .
    Last edited by tomcat; 11 August 2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Maria_W
      • Jul 2006

ABDNA retest.

I beleive you have to have 15 failed markers before they will test for reduced or free. I had 9 failed markers and they told me that it wouldn't really make that much difference. So, I didn't retest. I have to be honest, I would like to retest to see if the score would be higher. But...What if I redid the test and their was no failed markers whose score would change? So for now, I wait.

Maria

Comment

Working...
      X