Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Recreation Room

Recreation Room This is a good place for chatting about off topic subjects and just having fun together. Keep the humor PG13 and things friendly please.

Old 19th September 2017, 01:30 PM
FTDNA Customer

Exclamation How do I ca match?

I've had a Y-DNA match with a *name and email removed* on this website for years, but I cannot contact him because his e-mail address is invalid. Anything that can be done here? Can the administrators contact him somehow, or is there an alternate method of contact? So frustrating to have a connection on here and be unable to contact him.

Thanks

Last edited by Darren; 20th September 2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: please do not post personal information of other members
Old 19th September 2017, 11:32 PM
FTDNA Customer

As you may notice with your own kit, you can assign multiple emails to the same kit. Only the primary email will be shown to matches. So an admin could see secondary emails if that person had added any. Most won't.

Your only options are to try to locate this person elsewhere, possible online. If the name is unique enough it may be relatively easy to do. You can run a search on his old email address. Perhaps somewhere online he posted that he stopped using the old and is now using something new. You can then use that information to contact him.

Sorry, not much options left if they don't reply back other than to wait.
Old 20th September 2017, 11:09 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulsh View Post
I've had a Y-DNA match with a Jeremy Sheahan (jeremy_sheahan@hotmail.com) on this website for years, but I cannot contact him because his e-mail address is invalid. Anything that can be done here? Can the administrators contact him somehow, or is there an alternate method of contact? So frustrating to have a connection on here and be unable to contact him.

Thanks
It might be worth a try calling Customer Service and asking if they will forward/send a message - definitely explaining that that e-mail address is invalid. Think I read somewhere that supposedly in some circumstances they would use the mail address to send them info - but would not give you the address - assume the same might possibly apply to other e-mail addresses as well.