Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - New and Begining Admins

Old 19th January 2018, 06:43 PM
FTDNA Customer

second administator

Does the second administrator also have to have a paid kit to be an admin? I set up a new project and invited someone to also be an admin. He wants to, but is he allowed to without his own kit? And since it looks like i will have to therefore get him one, i missed all the sales...any discounts anyone know of? thanks.
Old 24th January 2018, 07:42 PM
FTDNA Customer

I don't know if a would-be admin needs a kit. But you could always transfer an existing autosomal DNA from another place or get the FF. If you remember the old holiday coupon spreadsheet. Go to it and find a link for a discount for the FF.

You could always contact FTDNA to see what they say.
Old 25th January 2018, 02:47 PM
FTDNA Customer

They will probably have another sale in April for DNA Day, if not before - it will probably be a short lived one, so be prepared and jump quickly -- if you are willing to wait, and if a kit is (as I suspect) required.
Old 28th January 2018, 10:00 AM
FTDNA Customer

ok thanks much to both of you. does look like a kit is required. he's listed now as an admin- but can't get on since he doesnt' have an account. Anyway, i want to now buy a kit for him using project funds as the prices seem good today (!) - but having trouble selecting the kit i want. I will start on a new post on that.
Old 28th January 2018, 03:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
ok thanks much to both of you. does look like a kit is required. he's listed now as an admin- but can't get on since he doesnt' have an account. Anyway, i want to now buy a kit for him using project funds as the prices seem good today (!) - but having trouble selecting the kit i want. I will start on a new post on that.
I hope you mean selecting the test you want - you do not want to be using any already existing kit for a test on a new person.