Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 10th January 2018, 02:28 AM
FTDNA Customer

Not even marked as sent after more than 2 weeks

Hello dear comrades.

I donīt know if it is standard for the FT or just my restlessness, but...I ordered Y-DNA 111m and full mtDNA at 27th of December. Til today (10th of January), nothing changed in order history as you can see below in the screenshot. I donīt know if FS has been alredy sent it or not. In customer service they mentioned this:

"Kits shipped within the United States take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Kits shipped internationally require up to 4 weeks to arrive. If you have not received your sample kit within the given time frame, you can contact support for a replacement."

But...in summer, I bought atDNA test at My Heritage. It takes 11 days from Houston to central Europe...but here, after 2 weeks, they doesnīt bother to even send it from US or just "forgot" to mark it as sent?

So...comrades... do you have similar experience or is it just "a rare case" in my occurance?
Attached Images
File Type: png dna.png (15.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 10th January 2018, 01:19 PM
FTDNA Customer

Sorry, I misunderstood you before. Your best bet is to contact FTDNA and explain it all to them in detail. https://www.familytreedna.com/contact
Old 10th January 2018, 03:09 PM
FTDNA Customer

When i want to send "Open a request", submit button looks just like for fun...it doesnīt work and when i click on it, nothing happen.
Old 10th January 2018, 06:38 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrijan View Post
When i want to send "Open a request", submit button looks just like for fun...it doesnīt work and when i click on it, nothing happen.
It doesn't work for many of us. Try this instead.
Old 10th January 2018, 07:07 PM
FTDNA Customer

The Screen Shot shows a Kit was ordered on 9/12/2017, sent on 9/13/2017 -- and still not received back. The new Tests ordered will be done on that Kit if/when it is received.
The record indicates they are patiently waiting for it to be sent back.

Looks like it was ordered without a Test attached - so - if it is sitting at home, use it and send it back!!

If it never arrived, or got lost afterward, when you contact them, let them know.

Also - not clear about the MyHeritage Transfer - why nothing ever happened there?
Old 11th January 2018, 02:37 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobster View Post
Also - not clear about the MyHeritage Transfer - why nothing ever happened there?
Little misunderstanding...september dates are for MH transfer which ocures without problem that day. Also dates for "ordered","sent" and "kit recieved" are related to MH transfer.

But for big Y and full mtDNA, there is still nothing. From 27th of December nothing changed, and i donīt know, if they sent it or both kits just sitting in the dark corner of the FT storage.
Old 11th January 2018, 01:39 PM
FTDNA Customer

Somehow FamilyTreeDNA thinks they have already sent you a test.

I'd be interested to know whether this happens with every MyHeritage transfer.
Old 11th January 2018, 03:09 PM
FTDNA Customer

If they sent it, it is a better case. But i donīt know if they sent it and that was reason for this topic.

So it looks like i have nothing, but only have to wait for...i donīt know what.

Again, MH transfer went well. I just need to wait about 1 - 3 days and results was published without any problem! Just the status in "order history" wasnīt changed, but everything else is done.
Old 11th January 2018, 05:18 PM
FTDNA Customer

According to the Order History you posted, you ordered a Kit on 9/12/2017 - which they SENT on 9/13/2017.

According to that Order History, you later ordered a MyHeritage Transfer on 9/19/2017 - this is a week after you ordered the Kit, almost a week after the Kit was sent. According to you, the MyHeritage Transfer went thru - but was never reflected in the Order History.

It looks like at least one or two things went wrong in your Order History.

Do you by any chance recall -- did you order the MyHeritage Transfer on 9/19 or on 9/12?
Because -- if you ordered it a week after you ordered the Kit, then those two are totally separate. Either way, FTDNA thinks you did, and FTDNA is still waiting for that Kit to come in. You do NOT get a Kit for each test. You get ONE Kit, and (with the exception of transfers) they use the DNA in it for all subsequent tests. You ordered one, their records show they sent one, they are waiting for it to be returned.

Strongly suggest contacting them, verifying that is what they think, and letting them know that Kit is lost, please send replacement. (also make sure it was paid for)
Old 12th January 2018, 01:57 AM
FTDNA Customer

Thanks for advice.

This was my approach:

I bought MH atDNA test right at MH page. After they evaluated the results, i just downloaded the RAW data and upload it here at FT. FT gave me automaticaly kit number during registration. This happened 12th of September 2017.

Then i waited about 3 days and results was shown at dash bord as "matches", "my origins" etc...you know.

I didnīt technicaly "order" nothing. Nothing was physicaly sent to me. All what i done was to just take RAW data file from MH page and manualy uplod it here. It is just wrong interpretation in "order history". I had results sooner than FT shows as date of "MH transfer" so i doesnīt care about it.

Finaly, ticket works and i send my "requirements" to Customer service. From what i read here at the forum, FT doesn īt care about customers and ignore tickets so...i donīt know what to expect from that.

For instance, MH gives full customer services and anyone could watch, where is his kit and exactely when it should have to arrive. Also inform customer about any step what they do with kit from recieving to results.

So...i little bit expected similar handling. I consider this as really unprofesional.

All what i hope is...that they just forgot to change cell with "ordered" to "sent" and my KIT is somewhere in the ship or plane above Atlantic ocean.