Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 23rd January 2018, 10:06 AM
FTDNA Customer

They’re saying no more delays for mine, anyone else get a response?

“Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I apologize for the lack of correspondence and the delay you have been experiencing. I have sent a Lab Status request and was informed that your sample is still in the testing process as there were, unfortunately, some delays in the lab prohibiting your testing from moving forward within our normal time frames.

However, this has been corrected and the testing is now underway. You should expect your results within 1-3 weeks.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards”
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:09 AM
FTDNA Customer

After one week, I got exactly the same response. We shall see.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:01 AM
FTDNA Customer

Wel well - what a surprise - after contacting customer service and last week getting the generic - 'your results have been delayed but you'll have your results in 1-3 weeks' - I see today I have been delayed yet again until the 26th of February - now my 3rd delay. Even if I get no more push backs it will be over 3 months since I was batched. Not at all happy - poor service, poor customer service.
Old 31st January 2018, 09:50 AM
FTDNA Customer

Saw this morning that I had been delayed again also and sent an email regarding the delay. I got a response in about 15 minutes, not bad.

“The awaiting results page will not provide an accurate date of completion for more unique delays.

I have sent a request to our lab for a confirmation of the test completion window provided January 23.

I will provide an update shortly as soon as information is available.”
Old 21st February 2018, 06:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

I finally got a response today that my SNP test should be completed “sometime in the near future” whatever that means. Probably never. I’m filing a dispute with my bank.
Old 9th March 2018, 06:51 AM
FTDNA Customer

Hi Jennifer, have you had any luck with the snp test ? Mine has now been delayed for the 3rd? time. I ordered it in December and am not being told it could be the start of April before I see results
Old 10th March 2018, 05:34 PM
FTDNA Customer

Same thing, another delay. I think it is hilarious that they’re customer service is telling me it will be available sometime in the near future. Honestly wouldn’t be suprised if it takes a year.
Old 12th March 2018, 06:51 AM
FTDNA Customer

4 MONTHS FOR SNP

Batch #805 ordered SNP test Mid-November been delayed 4 times, emailed customer support twice both times they stated they have talked to lab should expect results in 1-3 weeks, it is coming up on 4 weeks from the last time they told me 1-3 weeks so I am not confident that it will be done this time either so I expect delay 5 is coming worst customer service I have every had ( for the trolls that seem to side with Family Tree DNA I had a mtDNA done in the same batch #805 that was delay 3 times before it was completed so my DNA is fine)so my suggestion is if you want good customer service and the option to have tools to build your family tree go to ancestry.com
Old 12th March 2018, 07:45 PM
FTDNA Customer

Ancestry is great, totally agree but they don’t do SNP tests like FTDNA does.