Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Grumbles & Gripes

Grumbles & Gripes This is a place for free and open grumbling, griping, and venting about anything and everything about DNA, companies, and genealogy that irks you. You may even come here to complain about the Forums and how they are run.

Old 12th January 2018, 08:38 AM
FTDNA Customer

Please don't judge FTDNA's customer service by what you read in the forums I've always had my "requests" answered - they have never been ignored. But sometimes it can take up to a week before I get a reply from them.
Opening a request was the right thing to do. Your order history is puzzling, and FTDNA needs to clarify it.
Old 12th January 2018, 05:50 PM
FTDNA Customer

Thx for mental support. It is look like, that only thig which left me is to wait
Old 12th January 2018, 06:16 PM
FTDNA Customer

From your explanation, seems like the Order History as written is a bit inaccurate -- and am thinking, as a result, the order history as written may have misled FTDNA. So yes, trying to communicate with them was the right thing to do at this point. Glad you did it.

Hope you will let us know what comes to pass.
Sure eventually, if you persevere, it will all come right.
Old 16th January 2018, 04:32 PM
FTDNA Customer

Finaly,

"Thank you for your email! I sincerely apologize, but there seems to have been a strange delay with the delivery of your kit. It is now on it's way, and you can track the progress of the delivery at the following link"

so in link it says, that the kit is on the way. Yes, ticket was as i see very useful.
Old 18th January 2018, 09:20 AM
FTDNA Customer

The exact same thing has happened to me. I ordered a ydna kit on 31st December and it's still saying ordered but not sent. (I also have a previous order which refers to an autosomal transfer and the Kit number they have quoted on my ydna order acceptance is the number associated with that). I have queried all this on the form but not received a reply yet....
Old 19th January 2018, 06:21 AM
FTDNA Customer

Justy try to wait...they answered me about 2 the weeks after i sent a ticket. I am not a patient one.
Old 19th January 2018, 08:16 AM
FTDNA Customer

Looks like you sent the ticket on the 12th and got an answer on the 16th. I'm going by the message history here. This is a prime example of why people should take what they read on these forums with a grain of salt.